996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Repainted interior gaurds red ...pix!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by CarGuy56
nice DIY job...must've been a b!tch to take everything out?
everything kinda just pops out...pretty easy ...just being patient and not rushing is the key

Old 10-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Banban is infamous around these parts
Looks really good!
What grit sandpaper did you use? Did you bother to prime first?
Can't see but did you do the door handles and airbag "badges" as well?

Old 10-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Banban
Looks really good!
What grit sandpaper did you use? Did you bother to prime first?
Can't see but did you do the door handles and airbag "badges" as well?
i just had to scuff them with a lighter grit....they were primed already from the first time i painted them, as far as the door handles, no..the airbag clips yes..

Old 10-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Lysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really nice
I've started on my red binge. It's nice to see another variation. Nice work. I think I'm going to sell / trade my red gauge rings for aluminum though.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:02 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
nice trick with the colors...

Old 10-28-2009, 11:30 PM
tw02996c4s is infamous around these parts
Omar I keep sticking up for you when you do the mods but I'm having trouble keeping pace.Step back,take a deep breath,plan,execute!You the man

Terry

Old 10-28-2009, 11:42 PM
rs2k2k is infamous around these parts
I would have left the speaker trim, door trim, and wind switch trim, and hazard light trim the oem color. and gauge trim silver.
more isnt always better.

Looks like you did a nice job with laying the paint down with a spray can , ive seen some spray can job that look horrible

Old 10-29-2009, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by Lysoleverywhere
I've started on my red binge. It's nice to see another variation. Nice work. I think I'm going to sell / trade my red gauge rings for aluminum though.

I had aluminum rings , there just to plain looking , ura looks good red , keep it that way it matches ur car and floormats

Old 10-29-2009, 10:21 PM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Damn, mad props yo.

I hope you ordered enough paint 'cause that looks really incomplete. You still need to do the center console, dash, gauge faces, carpet, seat backs, seatbelt holsters, pedals, steering wheel, ac vents, & nav screen, amongst other things. You'll also need to order a larger GT Street logo, so it can stand out amongst all that sexy red interior. Then once you're done, give your F-Car & Lambo the same treatment. Can't leave those out.

PS - You forgot to change the logo on the steering wheel to a TechArt one.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by RaphaelP
I hope you ordered enough paint 'cause that looks really incomplete. You still need to do the center console, dash, gauge faces, carpet, seat backs, seatbelt holsters, pedals, steering wheel, ac vents, & nav screen, amongst other things. You'll also need to order a larger GT Street logo, so it can stand out amongst all that sexy red interior. Then once you're done, give your F-Car & Lambo the same treatment. Can't leave those out.

PS - You forgot to change the logo on the steering wheel to a TechArt one.

Thanx I'll have my mom order more with her credit card , I can't find a techart emblem , maybe u can help me

Old 10-30-2009, 04:11 AM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
......come on coolguy, if you're so happy about the way it turned out why not post the full picture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CB1tBjcWug

Old 10-30-2009, 05:47 PM
[quote=FLY996;2600075]......come on coolguy, if you're so happy about the way it turned out why not post the full picture

ill take one tomarrow, the other one got deleted

Old 10-30-2009, 06:35 PM
asialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura about
i just painted my center console silver and it pulled up under where the e-brake is....any thoughts??

I used an adheason promoter, primer, color, and then put the clear on and it pulled up the paint...

Old 10-31-2009, 10:20 PM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Omarcoolguy
Thanx I'll have my mom order more with her credit card , I can't find a techart emblem , maybe u can help me
While you're at it, tell mommy to order you some paint for your Ferrari & Lambo too. I'm dying to see you do those next, I bet they'll look hella baller...

As for the TechArt emblem, don't you have it already? TechArt includes those badges when you order a GT Street from them... If not, don't worry man, just call them up, they HAVE to remember you. You're one of their special customers 'cause first off, it's not like they sell that many GT Streets since their production is very limited. Plus on top of that, it's the only GT Street they did based off of a 996 S, since Porsche never even made an S model for the 996 other than the 4S. & if that wasn't enough, they did your bumper as a custom one-off, since the design is actually made for the MKII. Yup, they'll send it out right away, you're a VIP customer man.

Originally Posted by asialors996
i just painted my center console silver and it pulled up under where the e-brake is....any thoughts??

I used an adheason promoter, primer, color, and then put the clear on and it pulled up the paint...
My guess is you didn't let it cure long enough, so the paint was still soft, & the seatbelt insert probably rubbed against it. Other than that there's a couple other possibilities: Maybe you didn't sand? Was the paint a flexible type paint & compatible with plastics? Maybe you layered too thick? Post a pic.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:23 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Looking good Omar!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Repainted interior gaurds red ...pix!!!