996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Broke my lip and bumper.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 04:38 PM
U74sry is infamous around these parts
heart breaker, just installed the same bumper on mine. I swear, knowing it's fiberglass I'm soooo carefull when I drive, especially on entering and exiting driveways. Well atleast fiberglass is repairable..

Old 12-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
yah its not to expensive to fix...im always careful...just this was unavoidable

Old 12-07-2009, 07:57 PM
ponyboy is infamous around these parts
Got Ma Face All Busset Up like Tiger!

Fly,

Where did you get the radiator splitters?

I have (I guess is an early version of a Techart Gt body kit) with just the wire mesh covering the intakes and I would like to dress it up. I am going to run up to LA this week and see what the distributor has to offer.

Thanks,

Ponyboy

Sorry Omar I could not resist...

If I have offended anyone my Attorney's name is Gloria Auldridge at I 800 I will represent anyone or 1 800 eat Shi......

Sorry guys it says that I need to make the message longer.

...should go with the smaller lip next time...

[/quote]

Old 12-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ponyboy
Fly,

Where did you get the radiator splitters?

I have (I guess is an early version of a Techart Gt body kit) with just the wire mesh covering the intakes and I would like to dress it up. I am going to run up to LA this week and see what the distributor has to offer.

Thanks,

Ponyboy

Sorry Omar I could not resist...

If I have offended anyone my Attorney's name is Gloria Auldridge at I 800 I will represent anyone or 1 800 eat Shi......

Sorry guys it says that I need to make the message longer.

...should go with the smaller lip next time...
[/quote]
'

i have them too..there called splitters...a few diff places sell them ...they screw in or u can bond them

Old 12-07-2009, 09:31 PM

Omar,

Can you give me a name?

I have a different front lip that I am going to epoxy a 3/8" piece of aluminum tubing into the curve to strenghten it so it does not crack. Then it will go to MACARBON (who does excellent work... to be covered in CF) I learned this trick from my airplane machanic. He does this in the nose behind the spinner on my V35 Bonanza for the same reason. I guess the end result would be that it either bounces off the obstruction or explodes on inpact. I am thinking about mounting an aluminum skid plate all the way back to the frame to take the blunt of any blow and help the car to go over the obstruction.

Ponyboy

Old 12-07-2009, 11:44 PM
precisionporsche.com ...ask tony

Old 12-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ponyboy
Omar,

Can you give me a name?

I have a different front lip that I am going to epoxy a 3/8" piece of aluminum tubing into the curve to strenghten it so it does not crack. Then it will go to MACARBON (who does excellent work... to be covered in CF) I learned this trick from my airplane machanic. He does this in the nose behind the spinner on my V35 Bonanza for the same reason. I guess the end result would be that it either bounces off the obstruction or explodes on inpact. I am thinking about mounting an aluminum skid plate all the way back to the frame to take the blunt of any blow and help the car to go over the obstruction.

Ponyboy
Let me know if we can help with the splitter. In stock and ready to go

Edwin

Old 12-22-2009, 07:09 PM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
sorry to see that omar.I have my identical bumper arrive and ready to install...Thal lower lip is what make me nervous.My car is lowered and with the lip is 3 inches from ground!!!!! and in chicago?:-) thats wery optimistic to drive with this....
I will sale my bottom lip if anybody interested

Old 12-22-2009, 07:15 PM

Is the lip you have Carbon Fiber? Any photos?

Thanks,

Ponyboy

Old 12-22-2009, 08:40 PM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
its the exacly same what omar have.i believe is fiberglass

Old 12-23-2009, 12:18 AM
its fiberglass ull be fine , just becareful...

Old 12-23-2009, 07:54 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
'

i have them too..there called splitters...a few diff places sell them ...they screw in or u can bond them

[/quote]
love this pic!!! just so clean looking!!!