996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New Face on the 996

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Don
Don is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by tarzancoe
Very nice. The painted crest, I can't see it closely, but it does not look bad at all in the 4-spoke wheel. It seems to work better than the "glued" ones I have seen... where did you get it done?
The painted crest on the steering wheel is amazingly perfect. The original owner had that done. The story is that there was a guy going around dealerships offering to do the steering wheel crest and either the dealer or the original owner had it done through him. If you want the dealer name in PA I can hunt it down and they may remember the person that did it.

Just noticed you're in CA so you probably don't really care about the dealer in PA.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:08 PM
tarzancoe is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Don
The painted crest on the steering wheel is amazingly perfect. The original owner had that done. The story is that there was a guy going around dealerships offering to do the steering wheel crest and either the dealer or the original owner had it done through him. If you want the dealer name in PA I can hunt it down and they may remember the person that did it.

Just noticed you're in CA so you probably don't really care about the dealer in PA.
Well, not in theory... but I have either to get a 3 spoke wheel or look at an alternative. From what I see in your car, it looks pretty good better than I would had thought. If you feel like, feel free to shoot a closer pic from wheel

Old 12-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Don
Don is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by tarzancoe
Well, not in theory... but I have either to get a 3 spoke wheel or look at an alternative. From what I see in your car, it looks pretty good better than I would had thought. If you feel like, feel free to shoot a closer pic from wheel
Sure, I'll see what I can do this weekend.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:11 PM
U74sry is infamous around these parts
looks great!!

Old 12-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Don
Sorry for the delay in posting the picture.

This is about as detailed as you can get Hope it helps.

Don

Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the pic. Man that looks very good. I have seen another ones but it was obvious that somebody did them with their feet.

Maybe I'll go that route. Now, need to fix the car first of all.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Don
He must have used a template for each color...my only guess.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:59 PM
I am thinking that I might give a shot to doing it myself. Looking at the pic closely, it does not look too complicated provided using the correct paint and colors.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Don
You're more talented than me! I can't imagine painting that "Stuttgart" accurately. Maybe if you have a separate template cut out for each color it would be doable, but I can't imagine doing it freehand.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Maybe I have my 14 year old daughter do it... she draws well and maybe has the patience lol.

Not sure what to use as paint I guess will ask "artist" friends about it. Probably same paint one uses for plastic plane kits and such. Used to do that as kid this looks pretty much the same.

If I screw it up.... no, I shall not

Old 12-11-2009, 09:38 AM
asialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura about
NEW PIC!!!

Old 12-11-2009, 10:13 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
You can do some amazing detail painting if the brush is small enough. I use to use a stick pin back in the early college days. I had to touch-up and ID or two.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Don
Looks great!!

Old 12-11-2009, 06:21 PM
asialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura about
thanks guys....more work to be done...More Alcantara in the interior and H&R Club Sport + Sway bars

Old 12-11-2009, 07:10 PM
producerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud of
Freakin' sweet!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Face on the 996