996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Santa has me on the "GOOD" list....teaser pic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 10:15 AM
L8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to all
Originally Posted by boochook
DEFINITELY for sure brother!!! Have you installed the Bypass pipes yet? Do you like 'em? C4S w/ a GT2 MOTOR....WHOA!!!! That's AWESOME!!!!
Yeah the owner just moved here from Florida....He said it is pumping out around 550hp too hahaha I haven't taken a ride in it yet. When yours is done I'll have to make a trip up that way.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:10 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
That's AWESOME!!! I should be JUST SHY of that output after this kit.

Baby Blue should be done for me to pick up in 10-14 days (It'll be done before, I'll just be away travelling to see family in NJ for XMAS, etc), so if I don't get it before, I'll definitely get it after.

YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE TRIP UP BRO!!!!! WE WILL GET YOU ONE FOR YOUR 4S TOO!!!!!!

Originally Posted by L8braker
Yeah the owner just moved here from Florida....He said it is pumping out around 550hp too hahaha I haven't taken a ride in it yet. When yours is done I'll have to make a trip up that way.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:01 PM
L8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to all
PM me the details I may be interested haha

Let me know if you want me to pick the car up for you and "break" it in hahahahaha

PS I did put on the bypass pipes for a week then went back to fabspeed for a trip.....I will probably swap back to the bypass pipes soon. I've got it down to a 30 minute job.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:26 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
......sounds like a plan brother.

I'll get a write up from the shop so they can give you a breakdown of what goes in to the kit. YOU MUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

Tired of people making fun of the 4S's as the slowest of all 996's cuz of it's weight......

Originally Posted by L8braker
PM me the details I may be interested haha

Let me know if you want me to pick the car up for you and "break" it in hahahahaha

PS I did put on the bypass pipes for a week then went back to fabspeed for a trip.....I will probably swap back to the bypass pipes soon. I've got it down to a 30 minute job.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Must just be your C4S as mine is fast

I have raced a 996 c2(me driving) vs a 996 C4 full aerokit (bad driver) and we were dead even.....I'm not sure that the c4 and c4s are really slower.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:24 AM
judgejon has a spectacular aura aboutjudgejon has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by boochook
......sounds like a plan brother.

I'll get a write up from the shop so they can give you a breakdown of what goes in to the kit. YOU MUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

Tired of people making fun of the 4S's as the slowest of all 996's cuz of it's weight......
this sounds pretty good, pal. I've never thought of my c4s as particularly slow, and think the torque on the low end is pretty fair actually. but did you say just under 550 hp? omg, that would be awesome, almost unbelievable. what do you anticipate as the new hp? top end? torque in 5th and 6th? are you drooling over this? oh, and will you be doing any beefing up of the trans and running gear to handle the higher hp, etc.?

Old 12-20-2009, 06:56 AM
Hey judgejon, can't wait!!!! Like a kid on XMAS morning. Hahahahaa. I didn't mean to say our 4S's are that slow, BUT, I always thought they should be much much faster!!! So, the car will be running about 5lbs of boost, hoping to be around 100-150HP gains at the flywheel. Obviously, when the final tuning and dyno are done will have more definitive conclusions. Honestly, I'm looking for reliable performance really. As for the tranny and gears, keeping stock for now. Let me test it out, see how she handles it. This is not a track car, so just want to enjoy and get used to it slowly. My immediate opinion is that the tranny/gear upgrades are a Nice to Have, not a Need to Have.

Let's start a movement - all C4S's will now get twin turbo'd. Hahahahahaha. Happy Holidays bud!

Old 12-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Good job Berk. I can't wait for our next fun run. I may have to turn up the boost a bit

And you must have been gooder than you thought to get a set-up like that.

Last edited by Gunther; 12-20-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:11 AM
pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !
Nice project! How's the intercooling done? MAP or blow-through MAF?

Last edited by pete95zhn; 12-20-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:19 PM
3deep is infamous around these parts3deep is infamous around these parts3deep is infamous around these parts3deep is infamous around these parts
Interesting design with the cats in front of the turbos.I hope this wont effect spoolup of the turbos.Can you pm me with some details,like what type of intercooling.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:16 PM
mfletch is infamous around these parts
Boochook, very cool post. Please keep us updated. I can't wait to see and hear about the finished product. Is it more or less expensive than the Vortech (EVOMS) supercharger? Thanks.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:03 AM
Thanks Gunther. Me neither. Maybe we set one up for the winter months. I been really really good this year...hehehehehehehhe......don't turn up the boost. Give me a fighting chance would ya!!!

Originally Posted by Gunther
Good job Berk. I can't wait for our next fun run. I may have to turn up the boost a bit

And you must have been gooder than you thought to get a set-up like that.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:05 AM
Hey Pete,

Twin Intercoolers!! As for the MAP or blow-through MAF, I am not good at that mechanical aspect. I'll be sure to have the shop answer all these things when complete.

Originally Posted by pete95zhn
Nice project! How's the intercooling done? MAP or blow-through MAF?

Old 12-21-2009, 07:07 AM
Hey Lon,

I'll get those details bud. I can assure you of this that the shop doing the work knows what they're doing. They have been doing set-ups like these on PCars for years. Twin intercoolers. Sorry for the lack of detail my friend.

Berk

Originally Posted by 3deep
Interesting design with the cats in front of the turbos.I hope this wont effect spoolup of the turbos.Can you pm me with some details,like what type of intercooling.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:13 AM
Thanks bud. Will do.

Originally Posted by mfletch
Boochook, very cool post. Please keep us updated. I can't wait to see and hear about the finished product. Is it more or less expensive than the Vortech (EVOMS) supercharger? Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Santa has me on the "GOOD" list....teaser pic