996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New Exhaust for my 02 996 C2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 08:35 PM
shweppa1 is infamous around these partsshweppa1 is infamous around these parts
no cargraphic exhaust for 996 on rennsport website

To: Tom@rennsport-1

there's no exhaust products listed for my 996 on your website, what's the deal!

Old 03-14-2010, 07:32 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
I'm not sure if Afterhours is a sponsor on this site so I'm just adding on to this thread. I've had the 3.6 PSE hack and still to quiet for me (Fyi my boxster's louder than the 911). I thought bypass pipes would be too loud (tried it on my boxster) so I decided to give AH a chance. Excellent response from Brian. I still need to heat cycle it a few more times but so far, sound is great. It is pretty loud but nothing obnoxious. It was some drone but what aftermarket exhaust doesn't? Tranny is TIP but the dreaded 2.2k-2.8k drone is very very minimal. They have the new gen2's out using larger mufflers which is what I got. Fitment and finish is excellent. I took about 1.5 hours from start to finish.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:43 AM
Airrik is infamous around these partsAirrik is infamous around these parts
Try Fister D they sound really smooth. I am thinking about a great exhaust system myself. I prefer a light weight one, lighter than OE.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:59 PM
prsdoc is infamous around these parts
I'm assuming you've considered and decided against OEM PSE?

I haven't heard many of the other aftermarket setups, but I get tons of compliments on the way my PSE equipped targa sounds. I shut off the baffles too, so it's always loud. No droning, no buzzing, not intrusive in the cabin.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Airrik is infamous around these partsAirrik is infamous around these parts
Talking

Originally Posted by prsdoc
I'm assuming you've considered and decided against OEM PSE?

I haven't heard many of the other aftermarket setups, but I get tons of compliments on the way my PSE equipped targa sounds. I shut off the baffles too, so it's always loud. No droning, no buzzing, not intrusive in the cabin.
I might look into the PSE mod. Hmm, curious how heavy is the exhaust on the PSE system does anyone know? Where did you buy yours and was it used or new? I heard the price went up on these now. Researched the cost it was around somewhere between $3000 to $5000 for the electronic setup push button. (cha ching!!! ) Yikes that is a tad steep for me might as well go with Tubi or Cargraphic if I go that route before I make a decision, I want to hear these exhaust mufflers in person if possible because video clips are hard to tell. I really like the sound of AWE, FisterD, Tubi, M&K, FVD, PSE and Europipe the best IMO.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:18 PM
randy308 is infamous around these parts
tubi!!! a little steep moneywise,but what a sound!all i did were the mufflers and i think its just right.....good luck