996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

GT2 Style Wing installed on my C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 10:26 AM
Banned
Tim W. is infamous around these parts
GT2 Style Wing installed on my C4S

All:

Last night I got my wing back from the paint shop.

Here are my observations.

Overall the wing is of great quality. There is some waviness on the top of the blade but not that noticeable. The wing surface was extremely porous thus requiring a bit of extra prep time at the shop. The mounting of the wing to the deck lid was a bit difficult but not terrible.

I used the stock wire harness with no jumping of cables for the rear deck lid light. I basically removed the posts that raised the stock spoiler and left the motor in place. Thus the motor will operate but do nothing (thus no light). The wires that went to the spoiler brake light were clipped and tied off, once again no errors.

The car has some buffeting above 80mph. C4SSurgeon also had this but apparently solved it with the addition of the TT front chin spoiler instead of the C4S one.

I really love the look. It is the perfect compliment to the car and I think Misha did one heck of a job on this.

Here are just a few quick pictures.

Old 12-16-2004, 10:30 AM
DavidS 996 C2 is infamous around these parts
Wow, beautiful car Tim! The GT2 wing looks awesome. Nice Techart Formula's as well.

Old 12-16-2004, 10:32 AM
PeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud of
Beautiful!!!!..

somebody tell my wife my car needs a wing for christmas.

Peter

Old 12-16-2004, 10:40 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool! Nice Red

Old 12-16-2004, 10:41 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Great looking ride.... but I'm sure you already know that....

Old 12-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Sweet looking car and nice setup wheels and all

Old 12-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Looks great Misha hit a home run with that wing

Old 12-16-2004, 10:59 AM
dgray996 is infamous around these parts
Tim, looks fantastic with the lowered ride hight and tint!

Old 12-16-2004, 11:01 AM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Hershel, I think it’s time we put the wing in Cargraphic catalog :-)

Tim it looks hot in red
Please email me all high resolution pictures.

Thanks

Old 12-16-2004, 11:28 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Lokks good, Tim!
Transforms your car totally.
Nice wheels, check into the turbo lip, will solve all your problems!
Misha should include it as an aerokit!

Old 12-16-2004, 11:37 AM
Banned
Tim W. is infamous around these parts
Thanks gang. I was very worried as to how it would look. But once it was painted and installed I love it.

The wheels are Techart Formula's in 19in. They fill out the wheel wells nicely IMHO.

C4S, yeah I was going to post and see if anyone had one. I an sure someone does as there are so many guys with body kits on this site

Later gang

PS: Misha, how much mailbox space do you have? The high res shots are almost 1 meg each. I have before AND after shots

Old 12-16-2004, 01:16 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Nice wing.

How will the turbo lip fix the buffeting from the rear spoiler? I've got the turbo lip on my car. It appears the only real diff between the two is that it goes straight across instead of the cutout in the middle of the c4s lip.

Old 12-16-2004, 01:21 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Tim,
I have enough space in my maibox, please send them all

Old 12-16-2004, 02:14 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome! Now get in here and get painted bumperettes boy!

Old 12-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Andy (Atlanta) is a jewel in the roughAndy (Atlanta) is a jewel in the roughAndy (Atlanta) is a jewel in the roughAndy (Atlanta) is a jewel in the rough
Wow, I must have one! Your set up is perfect. (except for the non-painted bumperettes )

Last edited by Andy (Atlanta); 12-16-2004 at 02:51 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 Style Wing installed on my C4S