996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Baby Seat for 6month old 15 pounds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:33 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NOLA911
Man, maybe my seats are different than everyone elses, but we went to a car meet sunday 45 minutes from home with 2 kids (one in rear facing, one front), my wife, and myself with no issue at all. Well, one issue..... "SLOW DOWN"

We have a Graco rear seat. Ill snap pictures next time we go somewhere in that car.
Please do, I would like to see this arrangement. I know for sure our current Recaro baby seat we're using definitely won't fit good.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:56 PM
911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about
Need some pics of front facing seat for a 1 year old 20lb child.. Is Britax your best bet?? How about the Recaro pro ride seat?????

Old 07-05-2010, 11:50 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Just installed factory optional Porsche(Britax) rearward facing seat and cheap Cosco seat from Waly Mart.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:37 AM
davebho is infamous around these parts
impressive picture

Originally Posted by alpine003
Just installed factory optional Porsche(Britax) rearward facing seat and cheap Cosco seat from Waly Mart.

But at the size of this car, I'd be a little weary of putting my little ones back there. Nice to see that it's possible if my SUV gives me problems.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Raym50 is infamous around these parts
I have a 4 year old daughter and a one year old son...the wife would only allow me take my daughter in a booster seat in the back. Local law requires a booster, even though the deepness of the rear seat seems safer without a booster.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:16 PM
911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about
THanks

Thanks for the pictures! Taking my car to test out the child seats this week.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by 911C4S
Thanks for the pictures! Taking my car to test out the child seats this week.
Your Welcome.

This really only works to for avg to shorter people as you can't have your seat all the way back. If you're over 5'9", Child seats in the back might not work for you.

The back is tight and is something you probably wouldn't want to do on a daily basis as the entry and exit can be a little more time consuming and involved. But for the occasional Sunday drives, it is priceless to be able to enjoy driving the car with loved ones all there. It is one of the specific reasons why I got the 911 due to the kiddie back seats.

Although if you gave me an Enzo, it would probably make me forget about my family temporarily...

Old 07-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Wife is short...Should work..

Originally Posted by alpine003
Your Welcome.

This really only works to for avg to shorter people as you can't have your seat all the way back. If you're over 5'9", Child seats in the back might not work for you.

The back is tight and is something you probably wouldn't want to do on a daily basis as the entry and exit can be a little more time consuming and involved. But for the occasional Sunday drives, it is priceless to be able to enjoy driving the car with loved ones all there. It is one of the specific reasons why I got the 911 due to the kiddie back seats.

Although if you gave me an Enzo, it would probably make me forget about my family temporarily...
The wife is fairly short so I guess the car seat would go behind passenger. I'm 6' ft tall which doesn't leave any room behind my seat. Have to test out soon. Funny thing is when I find that car seat I still need my wife to drive the SUV because the baby seat box would never fit in the 4S..lol.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:56 AM
datkins is infamous around these parts
I have a 2yr old and have the Porsche Jr car seat for 33-80lb. The only issue is when my daughter says No No daddy when I push it a bit. By the way she sits in the back passenger side, no problems getting in and out of "daddies race car"

Old 07-11-2010, 02:14 AM
steepsnow is infamous around these parts
After 1 yr. > 20lbs
I use a Britax Roundabout in my '99 C4. I removed the passenger-rear seat and rotated the seat-belt receiver end. There is a place to attach the child-seat tether under the rear mat. I also use high density foam under the seat to get a tight fit. It works great. My wife is 5'2" and we have done a few road trips in the Porsche, "family car."

Previously, I used the Britax Companion when my child was < 1 yr.
DF

Old 07-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
When my daughter was a baby, I had a rear-facing baby Graco seat for her. It's very hard to get one to fit with the detatchable base due to the tight squeeze back there. The one I got allowed the seat to be belted in without the base by looping the seat belt through the top of the seat (rather than through the bottom -- which is very hard). Note that the front passenger seat has to be moved far forward for the backrest to clear the baby seat, so it's not that comfortable for your passenger. And yes, the sound of the engine will lull the baby to sleep instantly.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:00 AM
Arin is a splendid one to beholdArin is a splendid one to beholdArin is a splendid one to beholdArin is a splendid one to beholdArin is a splendid one to beholdArin is a splendid one to beholdArin is a splendid one to behold
I hope the Recaro Pro-Ride works... I just ordered 2 of them...

Old 12-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Simi_996 is infamous around these partsSimi_996 is infamous around these parts
This was a difficult search for me and thanks to 6SO, I was able to make my situation work in my 996TT. The following link is a pic with my setup:

http://www.mainstreamracing.com/gallery/Simi996TT/IMG_1883

I had to wait for my daughter to hit 1 year and 20 lbs. Prior to that, I strapped in a carrier with the front seat pulled all the way forward (no one could sit in the seat) when I NEEDED to drive my daughter around. Very impractical and difficult to get in and out.

The two seats I used are cheapie Cosco seats I found at WalMart for less than $50 EACH. I used the anchors in the back and the trick is to secure seats using the holes under the seat and not towards the back since the buckle is too far forward.

My kids are 15 mos and 4.5 years. My wife is 5' 4" and I can drive the whole family around with no issues. I am 5' 10" and my 4.5 yo sits behind me.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:41 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
So back to this again. My son is 16 months old, I have a C4S 996 with a tequipment rollbar with cross brace. Is he too young to put a booster in the front seat? Obviously would have the dealer install and have them turn off the airbag. He is 16 months old and about 20-22 lbs I would say. I drive him back and forth to daycare so it would be great if daddy and son drove in baby blue. Even if this works do folks advise against doing it with a tequipment rollbar in the car?

Old 12-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Simi_996 is infamous around these partsSimi_996 is infamous around these parts
Not sure what state you are in, but in CA, children under 4 have to be in a child seat (too young for a booster seat). Also, if memory serves, children under 12 need to be in the back seat. I am pretty sure there are exceptions to this rule since there are kits to put child seats in the front.

I have read some GT2 owners retrofitting their cars to have seat belts and buckles in order to fit a child seat. I assume with the roll bar, there is no back seat, but is there enough space back there to strap in a car seat? If you look at my picture I posted above, the car seat behind the passenger seat is installed without the original Porsche seat in order to get more clearance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Baby Seat for 6month old 15 pounds