996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Baby Seat for 6month old 15 pounds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 07:41 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Simi. I'm in VA. I will check the law. Not only would I not be able to put a seat back there because of the bar and cross brace, but also I'd be too concerned for safety and ability to exit in an accident. Best bet is to wait I guess until he is older. I'm just concerned about other drivers. My son is my life and his well being is of my utmost concern.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:59 PM
DaveFL1976 is infamous around these parts
baby seat in the back of a cab?

Can anyone with a 996 Cabriolet chime in as to what works and what doesn't in the rear seat? Our back seat seat backs (got that?) slant forward due to the room needed for the pop up roll bars. What have you parents with cabs managed to pull off in the back seat?

Old 12-29-2010, 10:35 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boochook
So back to this again. My son is 16 months old, I have a C4S 996 with a tequipment rollbar with cross brace. Is he too young to put a booster in the front seat?
Most booster's I've seen says on the box they need to be at least 4 years and 40lbs or more.

As for rollbar and rear child seat, I'm positive they don't mix.

I just found a few hybrid seats today while shopping for other items where the baby car seat backrest can be removed at a later time to be converted into a booster. This type of seat can seat someone with minimum weight of 20lbs.

Once again, I would check local laws to see if you can have a baby in the front.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:24 AM
Simi_996 is infamous around these partsSimi_996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DaveFL1976
Can anyone with a 996 Cabriolet chime in as to what works and what doesn't in the rear seat? Our back seat seat backs (got that?) slant forward due to the room needed for the pop up roll bars. What have you parents with cabs managed to pull off in the back seat?
My friend with a standard cab says his Sunshine Kids Radian works back there, but I was unable to get my Radian 65 to work in my coupe. If your child is older than 4 and you are willing to use a booster seat, I use this one for short trips (to school and back).

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Harmony-Ju...Beige/15047826

It's a little difficult to buckle since the little arms are right where the buckle is at, but it does work. Since it is a positioner, another member (can't remember who) said he used a torch to reposition the arms and made it work.

I use the other one with the 5 pt harness for longer trips.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:24 AM
int90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Simi_996
My friend with a standard cab says his Sunshine Kids Radian works back there, but I was unable to get my Radian 65 to work in my coupe.
I have a Radian 65 in my 996T. I removed the seat cushion & back, and used a yoga mat to fill some of the gaps.