996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Got Hit by a drunk driver @ McDonald's Drivethru...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 03:00 AM
Curves4S is infamous around these parts
Got Hit by a drunk driver @ McDonald's Drivethru...

About half and hour ago, i was picking up some late night food at the McDonald's on Wilshire. After paying for my food at the first window, i pulled up a little and noticed a Toyota Previa in line behind me, inching up really close to my car. So i pulled forward as close as i could to the car in front of me to distance myself from him. Next thing i know, he pulls up too, as if we weren't close enough and gives my car a little bump. I get out to check to see if there was any damage, luckily for him there was none...I walk up to his car as we are both still in line at the drive through and ask him what the hell happened? He tries to explain himself but all i hear is a drunken murmur. I can smell the alcohol from about three feet away and it becomes very clear that this fool is wasted. I wasn't even mad at this point and i was gonna forget about it since there was no damage to my car. But the people behind us in line told me that i should call the cops to get him off the road... at this point i'm reminded that one of my friends was killed last year by a drunk driver so i called the cops and boxed him in with my car. The car behind the drunk driver also calls the cops. As i'm boxing him in, the drive thru line gets backed up and walk up customers are trying to see whats going on. The drunk dude starts trying to back up, almost hitting the car behind him, until the guy behind him gets out of his car and starts yelling at the drunk too. Funny thing is, when both of us tried to call the cops, we were both put on hold, then we waited about 15 minutes and still no one shows up. Honestly, we waited so long that i almost considered just letting the guy go, but i couldn't because of the thought that he might actually hurt someone. Finally, the drunk jumps into his car trying to take off again, I run up to his car this time and punched him a few times in the face but he floors it. His car jumps the curb, breaks the sprinklers and he gets away. This whole ordeal lasted 20 minutes and still no sign of the police. At this point, i didn't care because my car was ok and i got a couple of good hits off... and now i have an interesting story to tell about a late night at a McDonald's drive thru!!

Old 12-23-2004, 03:52 AM
ruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to behold
WTF man! Police should have been all over that! That's some bs! I would be so upset, I mean this is a very dangerous person that could potentially hurt someone. I like how the police are always willing to go on a chase for a parking ticket, and put everyone else in harms way,but wont rush to a scene where a drunk driver is being held by citizens because they are concerned with the public safety. I'm sorry, but this only gives me more reason to have less respect for most police officers.... Glad to hear your okay. Did the police come at all????!

Old 12-23-2004, 04:43 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
This is why there are always cops on the weekends at the 24HR McD's close to where I used to live in Cambridge....never see drunkards there...

Old 12-23-2004, 06:38 AM
NC Bob is infamous around these parts
Can you say apathy?

Old 12-23-2004, 06:45 AM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
Cool

The Police Dept has to prioritize things.

Odds are, they had other **** going on.

But I see your point. Where's a Cop when you 'need' one.

Old 12-23-2004, 08:35 AM
Rodis is infamous around these parts
Peter,
sorry for your experience, important thing is that you are ok as well as your baby.
Ron

Old 12-23-2004, 08:43 AM
Holger B is infamous around these parts
Cops get free food @ McD's. I'm surprised there weren't a few inside shoving down some burgers. They must have moved on to the doughnut shop already by then...

Old 12-23-2004, 08:50 AM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Curves4s, I hope you didn't speed when going back home, because that's endangering society, good things cops are barfing donuts radar in hand rahter than answering these kind of calls. And anyways, caught or not, he would have had close to nothing, as usual with drunk driving *****.

I personally would have taken his keys away and left with them. Good call on the few punches. Should have added some kicks too.

Sorry but I just can't stand drunk/stoned drivers.

Old 12-23-2004, 08:56 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
dang scary... lucky he didn't hit it again. glad u're ok P.

next time call me up i might still be in the area!

Old 12-23-2004, 09:10 AM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
??
I was with you all the way up to the point that you assaulted him.
You should pray that he does not remember and that nobody has your lic #...
He could end up owning your Porsche.
(Am I the only one that thinks it is not OK to physically assault someone in line at McDonalds?)
Am I missing something?

Last edited by dpblessing; 12-23-2004 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:27 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by dpblessing
??
I was with you all the way up to the point that you assaulted him.
You should pray that he does not remember and that nobody has your lic #...
He could end up owning your Porsche.
(Am I the only one that thinks it is not OK to physically assault someone in line at McDonalds?)
Am I missing something?
No. You definatley need him to step out of the car and swing at you first before you can biotch slap him back in self-defense....Best to avoid the situation all together...saves time and money...

Old 12-23-2004, 09:27 AM
Banned
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
so you telling me that by the time you left your food was cold.

You should have had the manager at Macdonalds replace your food and french fries with some hot ones...

Old 12-23-2004, 09:28 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
very true doug. drivethru is being video recorded too...

wasn't a smart move but that raise a interesting question. where the hell are the cops... not to mention there is always 3,4 car-load of cops chating BSing in the near by 7-Eleven... when we need them, SHOW UP!

Old 12-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
that's some funny **** pete, i like the fact that you clocked his ***. wooh wooh.

Old 12-23-2004, 11:39 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
i would probably never would gave hima 1...2 punch.. but great job in doing it man... i hate drunk drivers..that f**ker got what he desereved.. were the hell were the cops during the whole.. time..

i know about prioritizing things but...

this *** could have killed or could kill someone while driving drunk on the road....

watever happened to preventive measures.. ?? yeesh cops are only there when they give out tickets ....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got Hit by a drunk driver @ McDonald's Drivethru...