996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New Center Console mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 12:09 AM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Thanks for the info.

Before I get blinded by adding more red I think I'm going to stick with silver and CF.

Cheers!

Old 07-19-2010, 07:22 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Thanks!

Oh.... you weren't talking to me?

Wow another nice ride!!!!
I love it, all of our rides are customized but all are totally different.
I'll bet ya they go with our personalities too.

Just checked out your album and have to say that the beige int. probably looks very nice with blue.
I say probably 'cause didn't see any pics of your int.

Blue and beige works, maybe just add some more silver, I think that's a nice combo (whatever ya do stay away from RED)

There's so much custom work going on with your ride it takes a while to catch it all (yep, I think I'm in the right place!).
That said, I noticed you've got the 997 side mirrors, looks GOOD!
I just started looking into those, where did ya get them, how much and did you have to replace the electrical controls (triangle) or was it just the shell+mirror?

I have a feeling getting to know you guys is going to get expensive!!!

BTW Jr. I noticed you took those headlight masks off (guess ya didn't like em), have you seen what Mkc2 did to his...maybe something that could work for your ride?

Cheers,

Sid.
yes , I was refering to both of you (psycho sid, & jr1966)...
My interior have too much beige going on...I just want to break it up a little...like paint the center console & door handle trims blue....I was lucky to find the 997 mirrors on ebay at a decent price ($600) & in mint condition..I was suprised that it plugs into The OEM plug..It moves in weird position..but who care...as long as it moves..
sorry if I'm thread jacking about the mirrors.. 997 side mirrors on a 996 ????????

Old 07-19-2010, 07:52 PM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
BTW Jr. I noticed you took those headlight masks off (guess ya didn't like em), have you seen what Mkc2 did to his...maybe something that could work for your ride?
Yeah, I decided I don't want them. I saw what Mkc2 did to his but I wanted something reversible if I decide I don't want it anymore, specially on expensive headlights. I do plan on applying tinted laminx of which I already have and something scheduled to do next week. Will post pics after.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:30 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jr1966
Yeah, I decided I don't want them. I saw what Mkc2 did to his but I wanted something reversible if I decide I don't want it anymore, specially on expensive headlights. I do plan on applying tinted laminx of which I already have and something scheduled to do next week. Will post pics after.
reversing them is no biggy....I can always sand it down (which will take awhile) & repolish them...I've done it before when they turns yellow...
Looking forward to see how yours turns out..

Old 07-21-2010, 01:56 PM
gswc32 is infamous around these parts
Interior Paint Work

Fellas,

What type of paint did you use. Wil it eventually peel? I hate my plain grey console.

Thanks

Old 07-21-2010, 02:19 PM
asialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura about
where did you get that double din kit for the nav unit...im looking for them

Old 07-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by gswc32
Fellas,

What type of paint did you use. Wil it eventually peel? I hate my plain grey console.

Thanks
I bought mine painted already. But, in one of my other cars, I used the same paint (and clearcoat) on my center console as what was used on the exterior, therefore, very durable.

Originally Posted by asialors996
where did you get that double din kit for the nav unit...im looking for them
euromotorspeed @ ebay. i posted a link in one of my posts above.