996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New member finally posting pics!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 08:43 PM
hitman is infamous around these parts
New member finally posting pics!

Hello All,

I am finally getting around to posting pics of my new p-car, which I actually purchase in Sept 08, but waited until after some of the mods where performed.

The assistance from this forum is outstanding, which helped with the current state of my 2000 speed Yellow 996 Convertible.
Having built a 92-NSX that was scheduled to be at SEMA in 2006 (unfortunately the car did not make it, long story), I figured I would take the same approach with this car.

This 2000 996 was in great condition when I got it, but minor paint flaws lead me to have the same shop that painted my award winning NSX to go ahead and do the same to the Porsche.

The car came with a replica turbo front bumper with factory Porsche front lip and polyurethane GT3 side skirts, but wanted something more aggresive. I kicked around the type of replacement front bumber from either Fiberwerks, Betterbodies, NRAUTO, or Precision Porsche, and finally went with the TA replica front and side skirts from Betterbodies.

Highly recommend a good body shop that can work on fiberglass and take their time. My shop took 4 months to complete, and performed some customization to insure the quality was perfect.

The entire car was repainted with multiple coats of Speed yellow & clear, but was darken a bit to give it a little bit more glow from what I was told by the shop. The headlights, taillights, and corners were sanded and tinted.

The Windows are tinted as well as the plastic rear window to give it a blacked out effect.

Some may or may not like how I had them angle the splinters in the front bumber to match the angle of the lower level, which actually looks better with the lower black lip which is not pictured and was modified to be smaller then normal.

I am about 85% complete with my mods, with some further attention to the interior, audio, and performance which will include a supercharger.

Hopefully these photos show up correctly, and do apologize that they are a little blurry. Need a new digital camera!

Attached Images      
Old 03-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Airrik is infamous around these partsAirrik is infamous around these parts
Hey looks good hitman. How are the headlights at night? Can you still see?
Same for taillights can motorists see you at night that is my only concern.
Great job with bodykit.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:58 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Airrik
Great job with bodykit.
I'm curious as well

Old 03-07-2010, 06:40 AM
TMAC is infamous around these parts
Welcome and the car looks nice!

Old 03-07-2010, 07:18 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
hoy **** does that look hot!!!!! i love it!! you did a great job!! i also love yellow cars!!

Old 03-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
Welcome to the family =)
Thanks Rennsport-1!

Old 03-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Airrik
Great job with bodykit.
Sorry for the delay guys,

The headlights are lighter in tint then the taillights, but the visibility is still pretty good at night. We tested the shade of tint along with distance of visibility and they were set at the current darkness that you see in the photos. The rears where tinted a little darker, but the brake lights were able to show very well, along with the third brake light which was untouched. I'll post a pic of the lights to give you a good indication of how well they show up as well as distance. They look unbelievable night!

Thanks!

Old 03-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by jstrat85
hoy **** does that look hot!!!!! i love it!! you did a great job!! i also love yellow cars!!
Thanks jstrat85, I actually used your car as a bench mark based on work you have done on yours!. Outstanding photos that you have posted gave me some good ideas, although went with the TA replica bumper, I was very close to going with the Fiberwerks given the fitment quality. Armando at Betterbodies was great and was very reactive to our questions.

Thanks again!

Old 03-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Here are some additional photos including a before photo with the turbo replica front bumper and GT3 side skirts. I posted a photo of my NSX that has since been sold, but shows the quality of paint and body work. This was prior to be lowered as well so looks a little lifted.

Attached Images      
Old 03-07-2010, 12:12 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Great work, car looks very nice indeed. The Yellow is so refreshing to look at, always puts a smile on my face:-)

Welcme to the 6Speed family, alot of great people and info here!

Old 03-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by hitman
Thanks jstrat85, I actually used your car as a bench mark based on work you have done on yours!. Outstanding photos that you have posted gave me some good ideas, although went with the TA replica bumper, I was very close to going with the Fiberwerks given the fitment quality. Armando at Betterbodies was great and was very reactive to our questions.

Thanks again!
people who dont like that wing on the caps have problems!!! i really like the ta bumper a lot!!! you did a sick job! im loveing it!!

Old 03-07-2010, 06:32 PM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
Real nice job but not feeling the angled splitter trick...

Old 03-07-2010, 07:35 PM
150shot is infamous around these parts
From another fellow former NSX owner- DAMN your car is HOT! congrats looks great..

Old 03-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Hobby Logger is just really niceHobby Logger is just really niceHobby Logger is just really niceHobby Logger is just really nice
Beautiful car, well done.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I am definitely impressed with the community and p-car enthusiasts on this forum, and appreciate the feedback as well as maturity. Pretty refreshing to say the least.