996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

GT3Tek rear diffuser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 04:26 PM
bscrivener is infamous around these parts
GT3Tek rear diffuser

I am interested in the GT3Tek rear bumper diffuser add on and was wondering if anyone has these and any experience with it. I saw that jr1966 has this diffuser on his beautiful '99 C2 Cab. Anyone else?

I emailed GT3Tek and they seem to be responsive and actually have this item on sale including free shipping.

I'm looking to hide the exhaust pipes some and I think this diffuser should work pretty well. My exhaust tips look like they may not line up or be sized the same as the ones on the GT3Tek car.

Here is what my '00 C2 rear bumper looks like as well as the GT3Tek diffuser.

What do you guys think?

-Bo

Attached Images   
Old 03-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Don
Don is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to all
That looks like a whole new rear valance, paint work etc...

My detailer actually painted those visible exhaust pipes (not the tips) of a friend's 99 C2 with high temp flat black paint and it really hid it well. I'm thinking about having him do that to mine when he details it in April. That may be an alternative if you're just looking to hide those pipes, especially with a black car.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Don -

I have considered painting the pipes black as well. I have spent the time to polish them first though to see how clean I could get things and how I like them. It took enough time and "elbow grease" that I'm going to stick with this for now.

According to the gt3tek.com website, it is just the lower part of the bumper cover that attaches with 3m adhesive and a few bolts. You are right, It would need to be painted black to match the bumper though.

Here is what their body kit pieces look like.

-Bo

PS - where in SC are you from? I'm in ATL now but my wife and I grew up there.

Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Don
Don is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to all
I'm in Mount Pleasant / Charleston. Moved down from the DC area about a year ago and love it. Give me a shout if you come back this way. Our local PCA chapter does a breakfast every Saturday morning.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:03 PM
Cool. My wife grew up there and went to Wando HS. We get to the area a couple of times per year. I may look you up next time. Thanks for the invite.

-Bo

Old 03-14-2010, 02:26 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
I'd just recently bought this GT3Tek rear diffuser from Better Bodies Motor....I'm planning on installing it sometime tonight or tomorrow depending on how dry the paint is..I just finished painting it a few days ago..I'll post some pic & let you know how it turns out..

Old 03-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Pix when you are done would be great. This looks like a great way to make the rear look unique.

You mentio painting it yourself. Do you have experience with this type of work?

Last edited by bscrivener; 03-14-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:56 PM
tarzancoe is infamous around these parts
I like the diffuser. The only thing that I have doubts about, is the piece that "extends" the bumper. From what I see in the pictures, it it obvious that it is a bumper extension instead of getting a whole bumper. I'd wish there was a way to integrate such diffuser with a bumper like the GT3 or even regular stock.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Well have to see from those who have this addition to give insight as to how the transition from the bumper to the diffuser works. There is a line in the stick bodywork that I think the new piece line up with. If it does so pretty seamlessly, it could be a nice solution.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:56 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
well the paint is dry enough to touch..so i went ahead and installed it..My smoke LED third brake light came in the mail yesterday so I installed that too..I'm always impatient..Experience you said..not really but I'm getting there..It's just a hobby of mine....the prep work was a b..tch though..I think it came out great. If you have a dark color car, the seam doesn't show that much from a distant ..IMO...I could molded to make it look like one piece but I wanted to be able to take it off if I decided to sell it someday..

here's some pic....what do you guys think?

Attached Images      
Old 03-14-2010, 05:57 PM
here's a few more

Attached Images    
Old 03-14-2010, 06:11 PM
I think it looks great. Gives the rear a nice wider stance with the unique diffuser there. Plus you get better coverage of the exhaust.

I'm still impressed that you painted that yourself. I wish I could do that....

Great job MkC2!

-Bo

Old 03-14-2010, 06:21 PM
thanks bscrivener....it took a lot of trial & error ...well mostly error cause I'm always in a hurry to get it done..I have to do some minor trimming so it sit flush against the bumperetts.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:29 PM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
looks great...thats what i want too.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Doug996InKC is infamous around these partsDoug996InKC is infamous around these parts
Looks great. Seeing photos sold me on it. What did you pay? And you bought it from better bodies, correct? How many pieces are there?

Last edited by Doug996InKC; 03-14-2010 at 09:05 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3Tek rear diffuser