996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New bumper..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 11:09 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
New bumper..

I'd just bought myself a belated birthday present...What do guys think?
It's a 997 GT3 bumper(poly)...along w/ smoke side markers, top center grill & corner lights. I guess no more eating out for awhile....
I had to cut & will try to glue the top center grill together to make it fit because it was made for the original 997 GT3.

Here's a few pic:

Attached Images    
Old 04-11-2010, 02:57 AM
Vipercliff is infamous around these parts
That's nice

Nice bumper! Who's is that?

Last edited by Vipercliff; 04-13-2010 at 05:14 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:36 AM
bliss at 9k is infamous around these parts
looks good!

Old 04-11-2010, 01:07 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Vipercliff
Nice bumber! Who's is that?
thanks,
I got it from xtrememotorcars..they offer in fiberglass or poly...I chose poly cause IMO it's more durable..

Last edited by MkC2S; 04-17-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
i did the same thing with my gt3 grill , only cost $30 from porsche

i had to cut mine and stock it back together, and instal it

finished product, i can say im prob the only one with a Techart bumper with gt3 grill

Old 04-11-2010, 08:33 PM
nicely done...i hope my mine look as good as yours....Here's mine just got it primed...the glueing and sanding was a bit...h though..damn epoxy dry too fast & hard..

Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

one thing you must do~~~~!!! dont over cut the whole, remember you can always cut the whole bigger , and when you stick it in , use 3m tape, incase you ever want/or need to remove it, remeber the faxtory ones are screwed in from the bottom of the bumper, good luck with ur install

Old 04-11-2010, 09:07 PM
thanks for the heads up...that was one of my concern about cutting the hole..I think I'm going to use a mockup template & then do the actual cutting..
BTW..did you put a some kind of mesh grill underneath..It look like debris can fall down the grill opening..

Old 04-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by MkC2
thanks for the heads up...that was one of my concern about cutting the hole..I think I'm going to use a mockup template & then do the actual cutting..
BTW..did you put a some kind of mesh grill underneath..It look like debris can fall down the grill opening..

ya mesh screen ,it help so nothing falls in there

Old 04-12-2010, 07:57 PM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Omarcoolguy
ya mesh screen ,it help so nothing falls in there

ah yes, those mesh screens. one of the most useful stuff found in any auto accessory shops. i've used this as grille substitutes in other cars or in bumpers that doesn't come with any grilles from the factory at all but needed a bug shield. has to be painted in black though, otherwise, would look very ricey.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Well... I finally cut the hole for the top grill..It took me about 10 tries & it fits like a glove..I rather cut 10 times instead of 1 & get that "OH SH...T" look.....Next stop is to the body shop & have them paint & install..I'm not that experience yet to do something this big...maybe soon

Attached Images     
Old 04-17-2010, 09:19 PM
1999 C4 Cab 6 Speed
my996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MkC2
thanks,
I got it from extrememotorcars..they offer in fiberglass or poly...I chose poly cause IMO it's more durable..
Do you have a link for them?

Old 04-17-2010, 09:36 PM
"Do you have a link for them?"

pm sent

Old 04-19-2010, 12:47 PM
996Jammy is infamous around these parts
How's the quality of their poly bumper compared to OEM?

Old 04-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by 996Jammy
How's the quality of their poly bumper compared to OEM?
It's alot tougher than the oem .IMO. The quality is excellent..there's no flaw in the molding...From the top down to the nose, it's about 1/4" thick...It definitely feels a little heavier though..I should have weighted the bumper & compare it to the oem, but it's too late..The car is at the bodyshop for the next 2 to 3 weeks....Damn I miss her already..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New bumper..