996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Noobie to the Porsche family

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 07:50 AM
radgirl is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Small Shrimp
Welcome to the group.

You going to come to any Colorado events? I am sure we can help
Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm also in Aurora, CO. If you see a lapis blue Carrera go tooling around the town, it's me.

I wanted to go to the open lap at High Plains on Saturday, but I don't want to pay $175/pp to go. Maybe I'm being a cheapskate, but my car is due for the 60K mile maintenance. Thoughts? Do you know of other fun driving and get-together events?

Old 04-21-2010, 10:42 AM
GT3Gavin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by radgirl
Do you know of other fun driving and get-together events?
Join the PCA in your region, they will have a bunch of events and are all enthusiasts. I have yet to join mine but its a great thing to do if you have the time for it. You also can get discounts but where and on what depends on the region.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Airrik is infamous around these partsAirrik is infamous around these parts
PCA I heard is great yes I need to do that soon.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:36 PM
I am now a PCA member in the RMR.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:42 PM
PierceZ is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FlipMo
Speaking of racing cars on the street/highway... is it me or does every kid in an Infinity G-series think they can take me in my Porsche? What is it with these kids and their Infinity's?
Seriously whats wrong with kids these days. They assume that they're one two mods make their car faster than everything on the road. It seems that all kids without Porsches are just idiots

Old 04-22-2010, 06:19 PM
GT3Gavin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PierceZ
It seems that all kids without Porsches are just idiots
Nahh man we're the dumb ones.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah I agree. Why is it every time I come to a stoplight some crazy kid in a Mustang, Acura, Camaro, Corvette, G35, G37, Honda, even a Minicooper ha ha whatever wants to challenge me or tailgate my ***. Seriously you think those cars are going to beat a 996.... I mean cmon, I feel like telling them, "Listen kid give up now cause you don't stand a chance" LOL, if you want to race me take it to the track!

Old 04-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Airrik
Yeah I agree. Why is it every time I come to a stoplight some crazy kid in a Mustang, Acura, Camaro, Corvette, G35, G37, Honda, even a Minicooper ha ha whatever wants to challenge me or tailgate my ***. Seriously you think those cars are going to beat a 996.... I mean cmon, I feel like telling them, "Listen kid give up now cause you don't stand a chance" LOL, if you want to race me take it to the track!
This crap happened earlier this week with some kid and his beat up Prelude. I wasn't trying to race him, but he clearly wanted to go toe to toe, so I did. Off I went!

Old 04-22-2010, 07:02 PM
What I did before if you encounter someone who wants to race you on the street in your Porsche cause there dying to find out how fast it is. Do this, pretend to race them up to 60mph or so get your rpms up so they hear your engine wait for a cop then slow down shift and get behind the cop and just let the idiot (who is on your tail or next to you) btw thinks your racing them fly by and watch him or her get the ticket! I set them up Ohh man is it funny a priceless moment next time someone does it to me or my brother I'll see if I can post a video.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by radgirl
This crap happened earlier this week with some kid and his beat up Prelude. I wasn't trying to race him, but he clearly wanted to go toe to toe, so I did. Off I went!

LOL, you go girl awesome. You showed him.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:13 PM
DeskJob1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Airrik

Others in the list...okay...if stock.... but Corvette??? pretty darn fast car if you ask me...

Old 04-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Yes Corvettes are fast but it depends on the driver. Inexperienced drivers don't know how to handle the vette. Trust me the Porsche can take on some powerful cars.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:19 PM
jespiritu is infamous around these parts
I just wanna add that I know exactly what you went through. I bought my 2003 911 C4S before I even knew how to drive a manual. I couldn't even drive it home the day I bought it! But I just had to buy it to fulfill my dream of owning a Porsche and it had to be manual. So I practiced and practiced and now my buddy who has been driving a stick since he was 16 says he would never have known I started driving a stick only last August. I have to give you much respect for what you did. Not to be chauvinistic or anything, but there's nothing more impressive than a female Porsche owner who can drive a manual transmission. Kudos!

Old 04-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by jespiritu
I just wanna add that I know exactly what you went through. I bought my 2003 911 C4S before I even knew how to drive a manual. I couldn't even drive it home the day I bought it! But I just had to buy it to fulfill my dream of owning a Porsche and it had to be manual. So I practiced and practiced and now my buddy who has been driving a stick since he was 16 says he would never have known I started driving a stick only last August. I have to give you much respect for what you did. Not to be chauvinistic or anything, but there's nothing more impressive than a female Porsche owner who can drive a manual transmission. Kudos!
I can't thank you enough for such a compliment. Like you, I wanted my dream car. I've loved Porsche's since I can remember (old school and new school). I practice daily. I still get stuck from time to time (especially on hills and starting off the line). But I take such pleasure and enjoyment in driving my car, even if I drive it slow. Now when I get out on the highway, I'm in 6th gear and doing 90 mph. This car really forces me to think, plan, etc..., where as in an automatic, you get complacent and have to do no thinking. This car forces my brain to work and react. It's amazing. I hope I'll get the opportunity to buy a Turbo or a GT2 or GT3. Again, thank you for the compliment. I like doing other things that "girls normally wouldn't do". It's part of who I am.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:52 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jespiritu
You are a man just for admitting it. lol

Sadly, I learned myself from a combination of watching Miami Vice(camera on the footwork ) and working at a dealership on all the new cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Noobie to the Porsche family