996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

PPI From 2000 miles away??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 09:39 PM
laxaholic33 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT3Gavin
I wouldn't limit yourself to the east coast man. I'm buying my second car from cali and I live in NJ. If you are saving enough money and the car is what you are looking for www.dasautoshippers.com will do the shipping for a good price. I am getting mine shipping for about $1000 enclosed carrier terminal to terminal. Otherwise its like another $150 to get it picked up and dropped off at your house but I think they will charge extra to drop it off with a big bow on it.
Thanks for this info...I never thought shipping a car cross country would be that cheap. Heck of alot cheaper than flying out...then driving back w/ hotel rooms. I have family in a few places around the country that love cars, so this actually helps me out a WHOLE lot. (trust their judgement if they test drive) I just did a LA to philly and it estimated $700. Thats insane.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:49 PM
GT3Gavin is infamous around these parts
Yup, DAS is the best dude. They are going to do my car for $690 SD to NJ open carrier or + whatever they want for enclosed. I have never had a problem with them and they give you a tracking number attached to all of their trucks so you can follow your car across the country. It was pretty much the holy grail of tracking numbers when I bought and shipped my first Porsche. Just be warned that it could take up to 3 weeks if things are slow or it takes a while to get enough cars on the truck. Personally I would rather wait a few days/weeks rather than having the car put on a plane for whatever that would cost to get it tomorrow.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Skullbussa is infamous around these parts
How much should one expect to pay for a PPI?

Is it pretty much a rule of thumb that a dealer from which you're potentially buying should not be the one to perform the PPI?

Old 04-23-2010, 08:15 AM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
You waited 8 years... wait some more. I was disappointed with all the local cars I saw in my area and started looking at cars in TX and FL... then mine showed up on the ads. Cali car moved here with its owner, full records, not abused like the rest I saw in NY, just a gem... There is nothing better then taking a cab over to the sellers house and driving home in a 996...