996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

To supercharge or not to supercharge...that is the question..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 09:05 AM
topspn is infamous around these parts
RobynC: If you're keeping the car at least 3 years as you said, I'd go for it. Car sounds and feels like a different car. Good luck.

Regards

Old 01-19-2005, 09:11 AM
CoreyNJ is infamous around these parts
I guess I'll chime in on this one....

In your case I would supercharge since you don't use your car as a daily driver. Do you expect to ever put 200k miles on it? Also with all your mods, this one just makes sense.

As a watch nut, I can understand the need for another one, but allure of the rolex is not what it used to be thanks to the "bling bling" MTV generation. I personally never wear mine anymore(it just sits in the winder) and almost always wear my Patek(it's not as "bling bling" as a rolex president) or my dive watch.

Either way be happy with your decision supercharge or rolex....

Cheers,
Corey

Old 01-19-2005, 10:41 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Just-n-a996
Robyn...Do it!! That beauty of yours will not only have mean looks, mean sound, but mean 0-100 times to back it up! Just put a little Royal Purple synthetic motor oil in it, and change the stuff every 4.5k miles, and that car will be fine. They put RP in dragsters...talk about "forced induction!" That synthetic is AMAZING!! My company reps the industrial line of
RP's lubricants....and I can tell you that that stuff IS for REAL!!! I have seen all of the tests.

BTW...Breitling, I agree, is a FAR better watch!!

Sharky...Great to meet you guys over there. Project is moving forward. Received the Misha wing last week, will have pics and updates soon to follow
It was great to meet you too man! Your car should be sweet with that new rear end and wing

Old 01-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
not that you would even listen to my dumb ***, but i would definitely get the SC and forget the watch, get a timex or a fake Rolie. you'll have so much more fun with the SC. now that's what life is about. having fun.....

Old 01-19-2005, 11:56 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Why not get both, I got the two tone submariner, I'll probably add a SC at some point.

Old 01-19-2005, 12:05 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
how about a nice PINK swatch then:P

Old 01-19-2005, 12:06 PM
fdb996c2 is infamous around these partsfdb996c2 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Don Relentless
not that you would even listen to my dumb ***, but i would definitely get the SC and forget the watch, get a timex or a fake Rolie. you'll have so much more fun with the SC. now that's what life is about. having fun.....
Are you posting from England/Germany?

Old 01-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by fdb996c2
Are you posting from England/Germany?
not yet, leaving thursday night. stayed tuned for german autobahn & donut vid.

Old 01-19-2005, 01:08 PM
remember the key is to get into a nice pub BEFORE 11pm and then hope they let you stay for a "lock in"....

Old 01-19-2005, 04:28 PM
C4C_leon is infamous around these parts
GET THE SC!!!
Life is too short.
You don't want to think in a few years "should have I gotten the SC?" or "I wonder what my car would have been like SC'd"

Old 01-19-2005, 04:39 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Robyn:

Glad to see you didn't bend to the "Girlie Men" and thier " Don't do it, Don't do it... buy the new shoes instead!"

GOOD FOR YOU!

HP is the key to enlightenment!

Mike

Old 01-19-2005, 08:59 PM
oalvarez is infamous around these parts
Robyn, have you driven a P-car with an installed SC? not sure if that will help, but it might.

my point on the watch is, if money is an object/consideration, the watch will last a lifetime, whether it's a Rolex or some other exotic watch (breitling is hardly exotic, you need to get to the $20k++ realm to start talking such). for the $, the rolex is not a bad relative value decision, it does tend to hold its value rather well. if not the watch, and if you drive your car so much to justify such, the supercharger will probably bring many more smiles in the short-run (you will become accustomed to the new speed), but i can promise you that no one is going to pay you a fraction of its cost on the secondary market. as i said, if money is not the question/consideration, then the supercharger for sure. if it is, and you have to decide between the two, the supercharger is not the best choice in my humble estimation. have you considered how much it would cost to either put the engine back to original condition or how much the installation/de-install would set you back? hec, that alone could be approximating the cost/value of the watch itself.

as always, have fun, either way you will.

Old 01-20-2005, 05:28 PM
CA 996 is infamous around these parts
Eric you ain't bringing back no European videos buddy.............unless you pick up your camcorder from my house