996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

KW install - almost went good

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Steve Germany is infamous around these parts
KW install - almost went good

Assembled some friends and time and was going to do the KW stage 3 switch today. We got the front suspension out and was reuseing the pillowtops (coilover to car mount that sets up camber). When we went to assemble the KW front coil overs it was found that the kit did not contain the spring perch required to stabilize to spring under the pillowtop (porsche bearing and three point mount to the body). I know that with a bliston instillation the spring perch is a seperate purchase but it is supposed to be included with KWs. Is this right or wrong? I can find no reference to purchase them seperately. Any insight or references?

Thanks

BTW - I have calls and email into Vivid but they are not open weekends

Old 05-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Check my comments here installing my own KW V3
http://www.vividracing.com/forums/218913-post10.html

The stock strut top just sits on the spring perch and does not use the OEM bearing type setup as the bearing is built into the bottom spring perch. So when you turn the coilover, that is what rotates

Old 05-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
Check my comments here installing my own KW V3
http://www.vividracing.com/forums/218913-post10.html

The stock strut top just sits on the spring perch and does not use the OEM bearing type setup as the bearing is built into the bottom spring perch. So when you turn the coilover, that is what rotates
Dan,

Jade confirmed that I was never sent the required spring perch(s)s from KW/Vivid. He is working on it now and was very helpful.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Just looked up your order and see you are talking about the RACE Strut top instead of using the stock rubber mount. Rob the other owner and sales rep took the order. This was back in 9/09 so we will need to see what happened. Please email rob@vividracing.com. If you dont want it and just install the stock rubber upper mounts, let me know and I can credit it back.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor
Here is an install photo with the stock upper mount.

Attached Images   
Old 05-11-2010, 01:05 AM
The gold annodized part, in your first picture, that fits into the spring is the part(s) that are missing. It has a red paint mark on it.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Former Vendor
On it!

Old 05-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Former Vendor
KW is sending me parts. Please email me your address to ship to - dan@vividracing.com

Old 06-11-2010, 05:43 PM
I've been told that the mistake is being expidited and that every effort is being made to fullfill the KW stage 3 coilovers that I ordered. It is June now...

Old 06-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Former Vendor
www.usps.com 9405 9036 9930 0016 9699 47. Just doing what we can to help. Cant account for KW delay. Hope this helps!

Old 06-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Dharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud of
Nice to see that Vivid finally got the parts and sent them out, but a month is way to long!! If Vivid sold the coil overs then they should have pressured KW or pulled the parts from another set and sent them out immediately. They got their money immediately, and KW got their money immediately, and you had to wait for a month. Not good customer service by either vendor. IMHO