996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Perma-Plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 08:20 AM
Steve Eglash is infamous around these parts
Perma-Plate

Does anyone know anything about Perma-Plate? Dealer-applied protectant for exterior, leather, and fabrics. More info at www.permaplate.com. I'm usually suspicious of these after-market things, but this one sounds like it might actually have some value.

Old 01-19-2005, 12:55 PM
C4S Chick is infamous around these parts
I have had 2 black MBs and a white turbo perma-plated and I liked the results .... however, I did not pay the dealer suggested price ("knew" somebody) and it doesn't last 6 months (but, then again, I left the MBs outside in South Florida).

The most amazing thing was that the black cars looked shiny even if they were filthy. And, I cannot tell you how smooth the car felt. I want to have the C4S done as well ... just haven't scheduled it.

Hope this helps .....

Old 01-19-2005, 12:58 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
I would go with Crystal Guard, my local detailer put that on Msindi's turbo and soon my car

Old 01-19-2005, 03:46 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
yeah - reference da man again LOL

Old 01-19-2005, 09:40 PM
Holger B is infamous around these parts
The dealer put that stuff on my old 996. It was ok, not great not terrible. Buy some Rejex and Lexol and you'll be better off at 1/10th the price.

Permaplate, etc in the trade is known as the "mop & glo". It's a hose job.

Old 01-19-2005, 11:11 PM
40anny is infamous around these parts
I can't stress how much Perma Plate is a piece of crap. Just junk that the dealer sells you for $700+.

I had it on my black MB and it looked like ****.

I took it off with Dawn (it was pretty easy to do even though Perma Plate said it was impossible to remove). Then put 8 coats of Zaino on it...wow...my car came alive.

When I purchased my '03 MB, I called the regional rep for Perma Plate and asked her for advice on how to car for the paint job...she recommended the squeegy...save your money.

Old 01-20-2005, 10:20 AM
C4S Chick is infamous around these parts
WOW ... seems like I have had the odd experience of having a quality job done and liking the results. I am surprised to hear such negative feedback! And, it's NOT that I am less picky than others .....

I do agree that $700 is a bit much (I paid significantly less - that is why I mentioned that I did not pay the dealer suggested price). I don't know if I would have had it done if I had to pay retail (4 cars, every couple of months ... think of the mods that could have been done!!!). There are several other, better known options for less $$. Steve did not mention if he was going to pay retail ... just if anyone has had experience with it ....

Guess I got lucky and that perhaps Steve should use something else!!!

Old 01-20-2005, 02:09 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i am gonna crystal guard and clear bra the front of my car in few weeks when my car arrives.

Raja