996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

WheelStudio Introduces the Ruger Mesh!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 10:11 PM
1999 C4 Cab 6 Speed
my996 is infamous around these parts
I like these a lot too for their looks but what I am comparing them to is something like the volks or OZ's if you want performance as well. The comparison to stock wheels confirms my point since there is no weight savings. But lets not argue the point - these wheels are attractive and priced well - the issue now is do I want to save 30 pounds of wheel weight or not? I haven't decided yet.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:21 PM
0100 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the PM! Need to get coilovers first, but these are a great price.

my996 do you plan on tracking with these wheels? If so I would go forged, but if these will stick to street duty I wouldn't sweat the weight.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to behold
my996.

I do have savini monoblock stuff that is in your weight range and much cheaper prices than HRE. You wold be in the mid 3k range.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:41 AM
1999 C4 Cab 6 Speed
my996 is infamous around these parts
Do you have any pictures?

Old 05-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to beholdWheel Studio is a splendid one to behold
PM Sent!

Old 05-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by nijoma
I was told a 4mm spacer is needed in the rear? 56et with a 4mm spacer brings it to a et52 is this ok for a 996nb?
These wheels will not require a spacer!

the offset of 56 is what needs to be run on an 11.. If you run a 10.5 you would need to run a +52

Old 05-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Former Vendor
Free shipping on all orders this month Get at me!

Old 05-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Airrik is infamous around these partsAirrik is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Wheel Studio
Free shipping on all orders this month Get at me!
PM price specs material etc also is this including tires?

Old 05-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Former Vendor
Pm sent!!!!

Old 05-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Former Vendor

Old 05-18-2010, 03:45 PM
delirium is infamous around these parts
They are pretty light for 19" if you ask me
I have head from other wheel vendors that the cast wheel technology has gotten better, so they are now light and an advantage over forged 3 piece wheels because they have less tendency to leak air.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by delirium
They are pretty light for 19" if you ask me
I have head from other wheel vendors that the cast wheel technology has gotten better, so they are now light and an advantage over forged 3 piece wheels because they have less tendency to leak air.

This is very true! not to mention a set of cast wheels can cost the same as one 3 piece forged wheel spares anyone?

Old 05-18-2010, 04:38 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Are they as good as forged? NO.....but how or why would they be when they cost less for the set than one good forged wheel cost? That is an amazing looking wheel even if it were priced at $3k for the set.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Former Vendor
I agree forged for a race car is a better wheel. If you are just street driving i believe a cast wheel is more than enough.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor
Another Application shot!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WheelStudio Introduces the Ruger Mesh!