996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Performance Mod Opinions Sought!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Former Vendor
SprintBooster is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Airrik
What ankle weights? What part are you referring to?
As for reflashing the ECU, this only maps the computer at certain RPM's for adjusting the car to run rich or lean also adjusts for the advancing the timing. With the Sprintbooster it changes the throttle response drastically at all RPM's! Plus I heard nothing but good things about this cheap mod. Excellent mod for the money, gives you the strong pull in your pants feeling.
Greetings Airrik and 6speedonline members, The new Sprint Booster unit has a selectable option which allows a driver to select a throttle response mod that best suits their situation. Sprintbooster is something that, once you try it, you fall in love with it. What is even better if you dont like it, you have 30 days to send it back for a full refund.

www.sprintboosterusa.com

We encourage those who have tried our product to give feedback and share their experiences here on the forum. If you have any questions please message us here or send us an email at info@sprintboosterusa.com

Old 10-02-2010, 08:53 PM
carrelc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GREERJ1
+1 on Dervish, As good a suspension you can afford and daily drive with. Center radiator if you track and something fore the low oil pressure encountered on the track as well. I have done the ROW M030 suspension. Will be adding the 3rd radiator and an Accusump for the oil issue. Then I will go with sticky tires and be even faster through the turns and subsequently, faster in the straights. Learn how to drive you car first, then add the power. I am hardly a seasoned track junkie, been doing it for 4 years now, maybe 15 days total. These cars, when properly driven can keep up with a lot of other higher powered cars. Remember, the biggest variable is the guy behind the wheel. That is what my instructors have all said to me. Oh, and more gas too.
James Greer
I've seen an instructor run a faster time in a full size van than a newbie driver in a BMW M3 on a road course. Skill is far more important than equipment. Actually applys to a lot of things :-)

Old 10-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Airrik is infamous around these partsAirrik is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by carrelc
I've seen an instructor run a faster time in a full size van than a newbie driver in a BMW M3 on a road course. Skill is far more important than equipment. Actually applys to a lot of things :-)
very true I second that.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:42 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Just get the VF supercharger kit! Its show and it def has the go!

Old 10-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Airrik is infamous around these partsAirrik is infamous around these parts
Carbon Fiber doors, wing, and other aero parts will make you lighter and much faster. You can save a couple hundred pounds I am sure.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Ron@ModBargains is infamous around these parts
Just a thought not really a bolt on, but nothing more valuable then some driving school and track days. I don't know your skill level, so don't take it the wrong way I just know first hand I got a lot from that alone more then any mod did for me on my speed around a track, mountain roads etc.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:08 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
We've installed a set in the past, DRONE!!! Shake, rattle and roll....

Inspecting the muffler looked like two cherry-bombs welded in SS for $1,000

No thank you!

SEE FOR YOURSELF

that's a bit steep of a price for $1000, but if it sounds alright them why not? its going to be less restrictive than stock, and it sounds a hell of a lot better than a complete muffler bypass. If this was the same price as the fabspeed muffler bypass, or marginally more i'd say its a wicked purchase! fabspeed charges $550, for a muffler bypass.. by that logic this SHOULD be worth double of just bypass pipes.. but if these were around $600 i'd say this is a sweet deal. They look light too.