996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

My 10 year wait for this final mod....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
My 10 year wait for this final mod....

In 2000 I purchaed my 99 Cab with Savannah Beige interior and since then I've been looking for the perfect set of heated beige sport seats. Well if I had black interior that would have been simple but Savannah beige is rare, and beige sports seats is very rare, and heated beige sport seats... .well you all get it

Thanks to a board member named Don I found the perfect set, he had purchaed the seats for his car but never installed them before selling it. The seats were purchased from a Porsche swap meet, the owner of the seats mentioned that they were heated but Don wasn't 100% sure as he couldn't verify that. So I rolled the dice and sent him the money, a week later they arrived and ready for their makeover.

Pics of the beige backs with coat hanger holes and cutouts for the leather pouch in the back.

I removed the backs and sent them to my bodyshop for painting. I wanted the coat hanger hole filled in and all of the holes for the bottom pouch. This is what they looked like after..

So now the fun begins, lucky for me they turned out to be HEATED, I was very excited about that, so I did some research and found this great write up on wiring heated seats in non prewired cars. Dennis Vogel wrote up a very detailed DIY that I followed to a T, thanks Dennis!

http://www.dennisvogel.com/heatedseats/index.html

Since the seats were already heated I just needed to do the wiring in the car, I thought this would be simple but it definitely took some time, the hardest part was getting to and pulling out the relay box. Some pics along the way...

All done and installed..

Switches

Now I'm officialy done with my mods

Last edited by Kevin M; 06-14-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:13 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
hmmm...me thinks I have heard that before

nice write up and very sweet job...looks factory

Old 06-14-2010, 01:17 AM
150shot is infamous around these parts
Congrats, great job. LOL I have never truly "finished" a car...congrats again!

Old 06-14-2010, 09:12 AM
rdsii is infamous around these parts
Kevin

They look so good.. Thanks for the pictures. The painted backs came out great..

Don

Old 06-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Platinum Sponsor
WHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond repute
Looks Killer, very nice 996. Enjoy it.

1.866.519.4335 ext 2103
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: Jonathan@wheelsboutique.com

#1 HRE Dealer Worldwide / DPE Wheels / Vertini / Work Wheels / D2 Forged / TechArt / Novitec / Brabus / Carlsson / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Kooks / Corsa / RENNTech / WALD / Milltek / Tubi / Champion Motorsports / AWE / RSS / BBS / Brembo / Hamman / Eisenmann / KW / H&R / Nitto / Pirelli / Michelin / Dunlop / Goodyear / Falken / Continental and tons more....
Old 06-14-2010, 09:25 AM
MOORE996 is infamous around these parts
Looks great

Old 06-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Guys, and thank you for the seats Don, I couldn't be more happy with them!

Old 06-14-2010, 11:57 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
nicely completed, looks great! but you still need to do the easiest of all, the rear speakers!JK looks great

Old 06-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
looks great, and great looking car

Old 06-14-2010, 05:40 PM
ebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to all
Wow Kevin!

Every time I think you can't do more to make your car look better you do. You've setup your car in a very classy way and it looks awesome! Not overdone but just right!!

Old 06-14-2010, 06:56 PM
fourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond repute
Seats are NICE!!! But why didn't you get a batwing with the cut-outs? The sideways graphic would drive me crazy.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:55 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
wow those seats look sharp....& nice ride....

Old 06-15-2010, 12:12 AM
torch frc is infamous around these parts
Looks nice!

Old 06-15-2010, 01:51 AM
Modaholic
Originally Posted by fourempties
Seats are NICE!!! But why didn't you get a batwing with the cut-outs? The sideways graphic would drive me crazy.

Thank you guys I appreciate the compliments.
The reason I didn't get the batwing is because I like my coustom carbon Batwing with the 911 logo. You can see it in the interior shot.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:23 PM
harut is infamous around these parts
nice one

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 10 year wait for this final mod....