996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

check out what i had in my trunk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 06:07 PM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Airrik
Did you find out where it was leaking from? I hope its not leaking anywhere else.
Yeah, clogged drains. It rained last night and I left the car outside. Still yet to see today as a reconfirmation if the issue is solved. But it didn't leak when it rained before putting the new amp in last weekend.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Sosoomi1 is a jewel in the roughSosoomi1 is a jewel in the roughSosoomi1 is a jewel in the rough
Those drains are easy to find in you look under the three covers and almost next to the firewall... I had mine plugged... the car I bought sat under a tree for 2 years and they eventually plugged... I tried a coat hanger, wet vac etc but finally made a fitting for my garden hose that would accept a length of clear plastic tubing that fit neatly in the drain hole... turned on the water and abracadabera..... blew the stoppage out.... quite simple really....

Old 07-01-2010, 05:23 AM
asialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight
How did you drive trough that much water and not draw it into the intake manifold seeing that it's lower than the windshield?

TDK

Just like the bow of a boat the front of the car and windshield acted the same. pushing the water and creating wake, where the water is actually pushed away from the back half of the object(car)...at a fast enough speed there is no way to intake water at the very back.

O and i told PCNA and my local dealer about it and they both told me that i should have had a video camera, they would have used it for some kind od 911 promo...

Old 07-07-2010, 07:28 AM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by asialors996
Just like the bow of a boat the front of the car and windshield acted the same. pushing the water and creating wake, where the water is actually pushed away from the back half of the object(car)...at a fast enough speed there is no way to intake water at the very back.

O and i told PCNA and my local dealer about it and they both told me that i should have had a video camera, they would have used it for some kind od 911 promo...
Note to self - never buy a car from asialors996........ever.

The promo they would have used your video for would be titled "Dumb Stuff To Not Do With Your New Porsche".