996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

K&N FIPK super cheap!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:42 PM
dailydriver is infamous around these parts
I keep hearing about potential for problems with heavy rain and the cold air intakes... can anyone provide any first hand knowledge on this?

Being that the car is a daily driver, and I live in Florida, the fear of getting stuck in a rain storm has been more than enough to keep me from changing out the factory intake.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:47 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
this system does not have the air filter directly below the trunk opening like some other cold air intakes so it would be pretty hard to saturate the filter.

ON ANOTHER NOTE... I noticed that the instructions had a gooff up and just wanted to call K&N to confirm and let them know so that they could update it for future customers. As a courtesy they are sending me a recharge kit FREE WhoooHooo...

But i did ask the question "??" Should i remove some of the excess oil, as i have heard that this will foul out the MAF... he replyed "Its funny that you should ask that, because the were hearing a few issues about excess oil was fouling MAF's. So they did a few tests. THEY SUBMERGED some MAF's into oil plugged them in and GUESS WHAT... NO FOULING. he also told me that in the filter has only 1.1oz of oil sprayed evenly onto the filter and then it is spun so that it is absorbed into the cotton gauzz. <--(excuse my spelling)

So does any one want to be a third party Guienne Pig? lets play dunking booth with K&N oil and your MAF....LOL

Old 07-07-2010, 12:26 AM
immyj is infamous around these parts
I got one from Vivid a month ago, the CEL light came on, I had it cleared, came on after a couple hours of driving. I used MAF cleaner, then it cleared after a couple days of driving, but the same day it cleared, it came on again. I am extremely happy that I got it, and I had great service and communication with Vivid. I just wish the CEL light would clear. I'm going to email Vivid to see if they can offer advice.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:48 AM
dailydriver is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BiteEmNBeatEm
this system does not have the air filter directly below the trunk opening like some other cold air intakes so it would be pretty hard to saturate the filter.
does anyone have pictures of this intake installed? I was under the impression it sat right below the deck lid....

I am curious if it is not positioned below the decklid, how is it drawing in cool air as opposed to air heated by the engine?

Old 07-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Need to know WHAT code please.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Old 07-08-2010, 01:49 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
it uses the stock air flow tube to deliver fresh air to it as you can see in the picture above... Right when you open up the box you'll be overwhelmed by how many little screws and bolts there are but i have a 2 yr old and this is how alot of kidz toys are now a days so its no biggie. I put it together in my office on my desk in nice a/c and it took me but 15-20min tops taking my time. Now i need to stick it in the car.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:02 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
has anyone found a price that beats this yet? if not i'm going to order it right now.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor
$295 shipped from Vivid Racing a 6speed vendor since 2006. Come on!

Old 10-19-2010, 01:53 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
how much is shipping to canada? I ended up just getting it off ebay for $275 shipped to canada.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Former Vendor
Great deal. When you need support or have a warranty issue, hopefully they can help.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
Great deal. When you need support or have a warranty issue, hopefully they can help.
or hopefully K&N themselves can.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:00 PM
delirium is infamous around these parts
looks like its $231.71 on autoanything.com, shipped.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by delirium
looks like its $231.71 on autoanything.com, shipped.
i just talked to them and they wanted $288 + shipping. then I had them price match autopartsdealer.com where it is 256.68. So it would be $246.68, but they wanted $70 for shipping! Ebay was $235 + $40 shipping. And autoanything.com wouldn't pricematch ebay and they're 'not an authorized reseller'.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:23 PM
delirium is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by split
i just talked to them and they wanted $288 + shipping. then I had them price match autopartsdealer.com where it is 256.68. So it would be $246.68, but they wanted $70 for shipping! Ebay was $235 + $40 shipping. And autoanything.com wouldn't pricematch ebay and they're 'not an authorized reseller'.
WTH, thier website says 231.71 and free shipping.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K&N FIPK super cheap!!