996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

K&N FIPK super cheap!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 12:42 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
K&N FIPK super cheap!!

Okay, i finaly pulled the trigger on buying an FIPK system for my 2000 996 C2. I found a place that is selling the for 339.99 "but will beat any internet price by 10 dollars" so i found it for 256.68 w/ free shipping and then they beat it by 10bucks. Just thought i'de share this with any of ya'll guys or girls that are planning on buying one.

autoanything.com is where i bought it and had them price match autopartsdealer.com where it is 256.68 w/ free shipping.

**im not affiliated with any of these sites just wanted to lets others know of a good deal...

Old 06-30-2010, 12:54 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Make sure you wipe off all the excess oil. Oiled filters have been known to cause CEL light when they coat the MAF.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:02 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
thanks for the heads up function.... that is what i have read, im still contemplating buying a dry cone filter, but i guess if theres is just a very very light amout of oil on the k&n i should be fine.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
HxCforlife has a spectacular aura aboutHxCforlife has a spectacular aura about
I went with the AEM dry filter after damage to my MAF.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I have sold over 300 of these units and helped with the initial launch. Great intake.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Dharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud of
OK, so $258 is a good price. But I still have to ask why spend $258 on an intake that really does nothing (except maybe sound good) and is known to cause problems with MAF's and CEL's? No real power increase and is susceptible to water intake in heavy rains.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Actually the intake does good for what you pay for it. Having sold 300 of these, there have been in our case maybe 10-15 reported cases and K&N customer service paid for new MAFs. Many times customers over oil their own filter or have bad mafs on the fritz to begin with. Here are independent tests done by us years ago -

http://www.vividracing.com/forums/ca...ntake-did.html

Old 07-03-2010, 10:18 AM
best thing to do is just wipe down excess oil from the k&n filter. my cousin has been running the same system in his 996 c4 for about a year with out any issues, and he DID NOT remove excess oil. So I'm pretty sure i'll be okay.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Former Vendor
by the way, here is our own independent review and dyno test of the K&N years ago - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/ca...ntake-did.html

Old 07-05-2010, 04:12 PM
^----- that right there is the reason i went with the K&N FIPK

Old 07-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Former Vendor
Please dont shop on just price... We offer a long term relationship and products that will save you more money then this 1 buy. If you need a K&N intake, come to us!

Old 07-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Dharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud of
Vivid - Were the dyno results you show for just the intake, or for an intake and exhaust?

Old 07-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Former Vendor
Our variable was the intake. The before was done with a 3.4L 996 that had an exhaust installed. The only thing added or changed was the intake.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Troy Jollimore is infamous around these parts
Dharn, make sure you're thinking of the FIPK and not just the filter itself. The filter itself can help cars with more restrictive filters and intakes, the FIPK's benefit is much more pronounced, but it depends on the vehicle. Some cars that were tested only showed a 6hp or so benefit, while on a Corvette it jumped some 60hp... But it looked like they were trying to design 'not just another cold-air intake'.

BiteEm, it'll be interesting to see what happens vs your cousin's C4 once you get everything on and set. I'll be surprised if it makes all the difference, but you never know...

Old 07-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Former Vendor
Different cars all act, well, different. I put the K&N FIPK kit on my M5. Lost power and went to standard K&N panel filters. This has also happened in the past on the E46 M3. The 996 is a way different story however. Some cars like intakes, some dont.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K&N FIPK super cheap!!