996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

When car locks (it beeps) ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 02:08 AM
Nine_Eleven is infamous around these parts
When car locks (it beeps) ???

When I lock my car, it beeps once. What does that mean? It doesn't happen all the time.

Last edited by Nine_Eleven; 07-18-2010 at 02:17 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:35 AM
Jeepin_Lawyer is infamous around these parts
I think it is just an indicator that the car is locked and the alarm is set.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:00 AM
Sosoomi1 is a jewel in the roughSosoomi1 is a jewel in the roughSosoomi1 is a jewel in the rough
Usually it means something is still open... door... center console... front bonnet... etc

Old 07-18-2010, 07:03 AM
Zen911 is infamous around these parts
Do the headlights flash when it does it? Because mine is programmed so if I double click the button on the key, it beeps and headlights flash to show its locked.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:13 PM
FlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Sosoomi1
Usually it means something is still open... door... center console... front bonnet... etc
What he said

Old 07-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Goldduster is infamous around these parts
I thought, if you double click it, it turns the interior motion detector off, so that if you leave a dog in the car, the alarm is not set off.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:55 PM
bliggity is infamous around these parts
Mine beeps as well, but not all the time, curious too.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Don
Don is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to all
If you have an aftermarket stereo it thinks the security link on the radio is broken and beeps. There is a way around it, but I never bothered to take my stereo out and do it. If you search on it here you'll find it...if that's your problem. Just guessing

Old 07-19-2010, 12:01 AM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
mine only flashes...can I program it to beep & flash or the "stealer" can only do it ?

Old 07-19-2010, 01:23 AM
Grant P is a glorious beacon of lightGrant P is a glorious beacon of lightGrant P is a glorious beacon of lightGrant P is a glorious beacon of lightGrant P is a glorious beacon of lightGrant P is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Sosoomi1
I concur, most common is the center console, the best way to check is to try to lift it up and if is comes up then its not pushed all the way down even tho it may seem to be.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:43 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Dealer can NOT program it to beep. You have a door open, center console open, glove box open, or radio security wire lose. It everything is shut then one of the micro switches in the door, center console, or glove box is bad.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

I bent the little switch piece on the center console lid on purpose, to get mine to beep when locked.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Fozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Brando
I bent the little switch piece on the center console lid on purpose, to get mine to beep when locked.
...but then you won't know if a door is ajar...

Old 07-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

Oh crap....

I guess I'll just have to check all two of them.

Originally Posted by Fozzybear
...but then you won't know if a door is ajar...

Old 07-20-2010, 02:58 PM
trtlspd2 is infamous around these parts
lights & horn together

something to try...

- i've noticed that if i lock the car with the key fob, the lights blink twice to signal locked...
- then immediatley unlock the car with the fob and the lights will blink once to signal unlocked
- then quickly press the fob again to lock it, this is when the lights will blink and the horn will signify locked

... maybe its a function for those that press the key fob button too much until something audible happens..

only know from experience and my O.C.D....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: When car locks (it beeps) ???