996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

YOU AND YOUR RIDE!! picture thread.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Don
Don is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to all
OK, here's one for us old guys...

Attached Images   
Old 08-23-2010, 08:30 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Don
OK, here's one for us old guys...
That's a great shot Don. I wish I saw more of those pics. Truly a "Family Sports Car". Love the pose on the girl too.

BTW, do you actually wash your calipers all the time? They look so new.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:54 PM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
Originally Posted by FlipMo
Yes, but I have a related question. How do you post pics directly onto your post without having to attach thumbnails? Some people dont realize they can click on the thumbnail to view the pic in its larger/original size. I've seen alot of forum members post full size pics onto their post. How do they do this?

Check out the recent pics I took when I was in the Stony Brook area this past Saturday. I posted it on THE OFFICIAL 996 C4S THREAD as well as the CALLING ALL CABS!! PICTURE THREAD. I'm not in any of the pics (just my Cab and several new friends) which is why I didnt post the pics on this picture thread.
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
I'm relatively new here so I'm not a 100% sure but I think you need to do that in conjunction with photobucket etc. whereas the thumbs are straight from your own computer.

Hope that helped a little...

Cheers,

Sid.

btw, that's one way to get your car cleaned!
upload to photobucket, then copy "image code" to post. hope this helps.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:58 PM
FlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to behold

Last edited by FlipMo; 08-24-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:59 PM
FlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to behold

Last edited by FlipMo; 08-24-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by jr1966
upload to photobucket, then copy "image code" to post. hope this helps.

Thanks! It worked! But I forgot to put a title on the pics. So here's a quick explanation of the pics...

I was in the Stony Brook area this past Saturday when I came across a bunch of girls running a Car Wash Fundraiser. Pulled into the parking lot where the car wash was being held and found out the girls belong to a Sorority at Stony Brook University. Thought I'd help out and got them to wash my car. Snapped a couple of pics with my camera and also one of the girl's camera. Overheard one of the girls washing my car say "This is a hot car... we should take a picture with it!" Who am I to deny them such a request? hehe

Old 08-24-2010, 12:35 AM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
Thanks! It worked! But I forgot to put a title on the pics. So here's a quick explanation of the pics...

I was in the Stony Brook area this past Saturday when I came across a bunch of girls running a Car Wash Fundraiser. Pulled into the parking lot where the car wash was being held and found out the girls belong to a Sorority at Stony Brook University. Thought I'd help out and got them to wash my car. Snapped a couple of pics with my camera and also one of the girl's camera. Overheard one of the girls washing my car say "This is a hot car... we should take a picture with it!" Who am I to deny them such a request? hehe
You can type in your words and put all the image codes you wish wherever you want within the same post.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:42 AM
Don
Don is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by alpine003
That's a great shot Don. I wish I saw more of those pics. Truly a "Family Sports Car". Love the pose on the girl too.

BTW, do you actually wash your calipers all the time? They look so new.
Thanks Alpine!

The pic with the little girl was a day downtown Charleston with some friends and the other one was on a club poker run with the family. My 2 sons love it!

Yes, of course I wash the calipers and the inside of the wheels every time! And it's a daily driver!

Old 08-24-2010, 09:24 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
I was in the Stony Brook area this past Saturday when I came across a bunch of girls running a Car Wash Fundraiser. hehe
Better rewax the car since you don't know what type of soap they were using. Probably dishwashing soap like Dawn...

Old 08-25-2010, 12:50 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jr1966
You can type in your words and put all the image codes you wish wherever you want within the same post.
Hey Jr.see you've got a new avatar, nice!
I didn't know you've got a Cayenne as well, I'm looking to buy one for the winter too.

btw, did those 2 Swedish bikini models ever show up?

OK flipmo, alpine003 and geetee since we're really of topic now how about some damn pics of YOU and your ride...

Flipmo I can't believe ya didn't get one of those girls to take a pic of you in there...

Alright guys don't be shy, post up!

Cheers,

Sid.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:43 AM
OK flipmo, alpine003 and geetee since we're really of topic now how about some damn pics of YOU and your ride...
I will be posting mine up in a couple weeks. Currently undergoing surgery for coilovers, custom powdercoated BBS, and rear wing fix.

We can't all be a postwhore queen like you.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alpine003
I will be posting mine up in a couple weeks. Currently undergoing surgery for coilovers, custom powdercoated BBS, and rear wing fix.

We can't all be a postwhore queen like you.
OOOOY.... them are fighting words, at 6'5" 280 pounds looking like a bulldog my publicist always tells me I shouldn't look so mean... next time I'll tell her "baby I'm a queen"

I think Flipmo is well on his way to walking away with that title though.
He's like a kid with a new toy since Jr. showed him how to post those big @ss pictures!
I mean they are popping up everywhere!
Yup, Jr. has created a monster!

And since we're talking about pics, what's up!!
I didn't know P. drivers where this shy!!! 'come on boys post some pics of your ugly mugs (with or without mods ) and your ride you can always update them later (gives ya an excuse to ***** out that beautiful ride some more).

Cheers!

Sid.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Hey Jr.see you've got a new avatar, nice!
I didn't know you've got a Cayenne as well, I'm looking to buy one for the winter too.

btw, did those 2 Swedish bikini models ever show up?

Alright guys don't be shy, post up!
Yeah, I recently got a Cayenne Turbo. Gave it to the wifey so I can get myself a Lotus Elise next year. I'm not discouraging you to get one for the winter. It's a very nice and capable vehicle and fun to drive as well.

BTW, the 2 Swedish bikini models never came and still no pics of me with my car.........yet.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:18 AM
996turbocab is infamous around these parts
996 Turbo Cab Wanting more

This is my newest toy. It has a Stage 2 Evomsit set up with Fabspeed exhaust and headers. I'm looking to get this over the 650hp mark, but could use some suggestions. It's currently a hair over 500 according to Sharkwerks in Fremont that did all the work for the previous owner.

Any suggestions?

Attached Images   
Old 08-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Don
The key word here is YOU and your ride...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: YOU AND YOUR RIDE!! picture thread.