996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Scuff marks on right side skirt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 02:55 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Scuff marks on right side skirt

Do you guys get scuff marks on your passenger side skirt...I always tell my passenger to be careful & lift up your foot instead of dragging in when entering the car..I guess they're not used to getting in low cars like the pcar....Maybe I should invest some money in getting that part clear wrap or something.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:31 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
I don't carry aeound passengers
If I do, I help them in.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:34 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Might be a good idea since it's a lower rocker portion which can get stone chips easily too.

Call me crazy but I'm actually thinking of applying some clear 3m vinyl right above each door handle. I get irritated when people shut the door holding the glass so I tell them to push the door above the door handle. But that leaves finger prints like crazy on a black car so I'm always quick detailing that area the most.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:01 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by alpine003
Might be a good idea since it's a lower rocker portion which can get stone chips easily too.

Call me crazy but I'm actually thinking of applying some clear 3m vinyl right above each door handle. I get irritated when people shut the door holding the glass so I tell them to push the door above the door handle. But that leaves finger prints like crazy on a black car so I'm always quick detailing that area the most.
I cringe every time I have female passenger w/ high heels...of course they left a mark. (thank goodness I can buff it out)..I should help them in next time...I get oily fingerprint after coming out of the restaurant...I also tells them to shut it using the door handle instead of grabbing the edges or sides of the door...

Last edited by MkC2S; 07-26-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:04 AM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
I have the 3m clear vinyl on my side skirts. and it helps against scuffs. BUT there are small chucks of it missing where it incountered a heel or two....LOL whats funny is that out of the whole car that has clear vinyl (bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors, and even my rear bumper side spoilers the passenger side skirt vinyl is the only part where vinyl doesnt look 100%..

Old 07-27-2010, 10:47 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
if you are talking about the door sill, the scuff can be avoided with some cheap but thick packaging tape. it's pretty much invisible and cheaper than clear bra.