996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

2002 Facelift Fenders Price

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Talking funny.....

Originally posted by Marc996Miami
Eli an aerokit or rockers is another story then changing fenders...how can you compare add on body parts to actually painting and installing new fenders, as well the pre 2002 cars had there own look just like a 993 did, I dont see people modding 993's too look like early 996's.....Me I would not touch a car like that with a 10 foot stick there are better ways to spend money on a P-Car such as suspension which is a must and possible exhaust upgrade...after that GT3 rockers, nose etc etc...but a headlight update with a fender change...PLEASE...As well RWDrift's car is an entire animal all together he has done a full widebody conversion and it is a showcar...
Funny you should mention RWDrift's car... We were almost side by side (off by a month) at the same shop!

As you know the 993 didn’t receive a “face lift” during its life and if it did I’m CERTAIN that other would have completed the lift.

I’m just amazed at how you see a difference in putting on different fenders and headlights compared to an Aero Kit that would “substantially” change the aero dynamics of you car.????

I mean really,,,, you’re doing something that Porsche has already done themselves right? It’s not like we’re making up this combo; I’m I right?

“To each his own” If you prefer that Boxster look then hey, who am I to judge…..

-Eli

Old 02-08-2005, 01:37 PM
ttowsontt is infamous around these parts
i already have new exhaust, new suspension, new wheels, and factory aerokit. the guy asked a simple question about how much and what is involved in doing the conversion. i dont remember him asking for anyones opinion on how this will look or if he should do it or not. all of your opinions seem to be negative so from now on, why dont you keep your opinion to yourself unless someone asks for it. thanks

Old 02-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Eli I agree somewhat...ttownsontt I was just giving him my input just encase he changed his mind...I truly believe in leaving a car the way it came as far as inherint items...I had a 928 when the S4 came out and they had the rooftop antenna and other stuff a friend of mine did the updates I did not...Just my 2 cents not a neagtive view..

Old 02-08-2005, 02:02 PM
everyone is entitled to their opinion and some people agree with you. i just really like the 02+ front end and after what ive already put into my car it is not worth it for me to sell my car and buy an 02, it is cheaper for me to do this and it is kinda a fun project. i for one think the boxster headlights are hideous but there are a lot of people that like them.

Old 02-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
No offense meant and I was in no way implying you were stupid for doing this...I had both and of course the 2002--> is nicer looking however would not be my choice to invest $ in that...

Old 02-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up "Cheers"

Well good deal, at least we can all agree that we think the face-lift is a good look right guys?

I guess what the real argument is how it gets that way..... Either way I'm glad that we all have our own thoughts on how things should be... Otherwise your car would look like mine!!! Not cool at all....

"Cheers"

-Eli

Old 02-08-2005, 06:41 PM
evo_333 is infamous around these partsevo_333 is infamous around these parts
Re: "Cheers"

Originally posted by Eli at Pelican
Well good deal, at least we can all agree that we think the face-lift is a good look right guys?

I guess what the real argument is how it gets that way..... Either way I'm glad that we all have our own thoughts on how things should be... Otherwise your car would look like mine!!! Not cool at all....

"Cheers"

-Eli
Amen

ttowsontt, make sure you post some pics of the finished project! Can't wait to see how it turns out... I'm going to be doing the same exact thing come summer

btw, does anyone make aftermarket fenders? Somthing different than the regular 996 fenders? I figure if I am going to switch I mind as well look to get something different, no?

Old 02-08-2005, 06:52 PM
i am going to do a complete diy walkthrough with pictures, assuming i do it correctly without f@cking anything up

Old 02-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Mz3bo is infamous around these parts
Hey,

thanks for the help. However, If I already have the OEM xenon on my car, would I still need to spend $350 on plugs ??

Also, how much can OEM xenon headlight units worth the used market ? They are almost new, no chips or cracks. The car has 15k miles.

Old 02-08-2005, 08:01 PM
i will find out on the harnesses once i start on mine, although i am almost positive i will need them. as far as the used xenons ive seen them go for as much as 1 grand on ebay. usually between 550 and 850 is the norm though

Old 02-08-2005, 08:56 PM
1101mv is infamous around these parts
If any one needs the plugs for the headlights to do the update, let me know.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:53 PM
let me know how much you want for them

Old 02-09-2005, 08:39 AM
Former Vendor
Talking "Face Lift Guy"

Originally posted by Mz3bo
Hey,

thanks for the help. However, If I already have the OEM xenon on my car, would I still need to spend $350 on plugs ??

Also, how much can OEM xenon headlight units worth the used market ? They are almost new, no chips or cracks. The car has 15k miles.
The plugs are different from the -01 & 02-. You'll notice that the old are blue and oval-ish and the new are white and rectangle-ish.

I've seen old-style lit lights go for 500-1000, it really depends on who needs them....

If you have any questions on what you need just E-mail me and I'll be more than happy to provide you with a parts list....

-Eli

eli@pelicanparts.com

Old 02-09-2005, 01:08 PM
shane is infamous around these parts
face lift

Hey Bud
I did it to my 99 c2 .
parts you will need : r & l fenders
front bumper cover [ i did the tt bpr ] with the center grill ,
and r & l grills, you will need to get all the brackets for that tt frt bpr[ i think 3 per side ] ,you will need to get fender liners [2 part liner per side ] ,hdlts trays are needed ,and a lip spoiler[i would recomend you to use oem parts only ].
when you got your new xenons [ post 2002 ] did you get a black plastic contol box with some harness ? [that unit controls the leveling system of the hdlt beam ] very important !
as far as the hdlt harness and plugs ,i hardwired the plugs to my oem harness [so if you can get the plugs only you will save some $$$$$$ ]. btw you will not need a new gas lid door they are the same .

the hdlt plugs are a 12 pin plug,[i had a hard time finding them].
good luck
shane

Originally posted by ttowsontt
i already have new exhaust, new suspension, new wheels, and factory aerokit. the guy asked a simple question about how much and what is involved in doing the conversion. i dont remember him asking for anyones opinion on how this will look or if he should do it or not. all of your opinions seem to be negative so from now on, why dont you keep your opinion to yourself unless someone asks for it. thanks

Old 02-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Former Vendor
Re: face lift

Originally posted by shane
Hey Bud
I did it to my 99 c2 .
parts you will need : r & l fenders
front bumper cover [ i did the tt bpr ] with the center grill ,
and r & l grills, you will need to get all the brackets for that tt frt bpr[ i think 3 per side ] ,you will need to get fender liners [2 part liner per side ] ,hdlts trays are needed ,and a lip spoiler[i would recomend you to use oem parts only ].
when you got your new xenons [ post 2002 ] did you get a black plastic contol box with some harness ? [that unit controls the leveling system of the hdlt beam ] very important !
as far as the hdlt harness and plugs ,i hardwired the plugs to my oem harness [so if you can get the plugs only you will save some $$$$$$ ]. btw you will not need a new gas lid door they are the same .

the hdlt plugs are a 12 pin plug,[i had a hard time finding them].
good luck
shane
Let's see your photos.....

-Eli

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2002 Facelift Fenders Price