996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

HRE delays

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 09:07 AM
jarrod0073 is infamous around these parts
HRE delays

I placed an order for new wheels with HRE and was quoted at the time of order placement that it will take 6 weeks to produce the wheels back on March 29

6 weeks later I checked and was told one more week was needed.

Checked after the week and was told they needed another two weeks. After waiting 2 weeks plus 20 days I checked again and was told they would ship by July 9.

Now I am still waiting. It has been almost 14 weeks sense order placement.
I could have started with a file and completed the wheels by now

HRE is looking into why I do not have wheels yet.

I just wanted to post the problems HRE is having.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Sorry to Hear. But you should have done your Research here and other Forums, HRE is well known for Screwing Customers over Delays... If you ordered using you Credit Card, call your Credit Card and have them Involved

Champion Motorsport is the way to go for with Porsche

Old 08-02-2010, 09:33 AM
jarrod0073 is infamous around these parts
My first choice was champion but they stop making the 18" for the 996 fitment. I was trying to stay with 18" but I think I will have to go to 19” champion.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:30 AM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
im sure one of the HRE guys will see this and chime in to help you out.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
as with all threads of this type the dispute is to be settled off of the board..I am leaving this thread open for HRE to respond and then it will be closed...the proper course of action is to contact a moderator or admin if you have a problem with a member or a sponsor not to create threads of this type..thanks

Old 08-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Hello Jarrod,

We do appreciate your patience while we continue to work through the operations side of our new 18" Monoblok Motorsports wheel. We do sincerely apologize for the delays and we were optimistic on our original time frame to work through an entirely new process and product line. This is largely in part because we have numerous new products being released in a short amount of time.

Our new Porsche Centerlock Monoblok is almost complete and then the 18" Monoblok will have our undivided attention.

Just so that everyone knows, this affects only our new product releases. Existing product is being delivered at our normal turn around times of 2-3 weeks for three piece and 4 weeks for Monoblok. With our new mill that is going live as we speak, we expect Monoblok to be turned around in 2 weeks within 1 month from now.

Jarrod, if you wish, please call me on my direct line and we can discuss everything in greater detail.

Thank you again for your patience.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
thanks Guy...please help any way you can...thread closed for now

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-07-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Administrator
when this thread was closed on August 2, 2010 I asked Jarrod to keep me informed of any progress or lack of progress...It is now September 7 and Jarrod still has no wheels...HRE said they needed another month to get their 18" Monoblok turned around (this is after 5 months)...HRE..when you are this late on an order for whatever reasons (or excuses) the customer shouldn't have to be contacting you for updates...you should be taking the initiative to keep that customer fully informed...and moving the delivery date from week to week is...well....weak....I received this pm from Jarrod today requesting that it be added to the thread

HRE delays
Chuck

At the time of the first posting about HRE delays and my wheels the thread was closed and it was stated that I could add to the post for updates.

I think it is time for an update
HRE told me that they would have the wheels by the end of last month. After I inquired about my wheels on the 3rd of this month they replied that they hope it will be another week.
This is a similar response I have received for months. I guess hope and pray for results.

Thanks
Jarrod

Old 09-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Administrator
here is an email I received from Alan Peltier regarding Jarrod's order...one can see they are taking responsibility and are working hard to get Jarrod's wheels completed...I will also soon have a picture of Jarrod's wheels to add to this thread...

Chuck,

I saw your post regarding Jarrod’s wheels. The situation is bad and Jarrod is rightfully upset. He has been told the reasons for the delay but after a while we know it just starts to sounds like we’re telling him a bunch of BS, ESPECIALLY when we don’t hit the latest promised date. It’s understandable and to us internally the delays start to sound ridiculous as well, and we’re the ones seeing it every day. For the record, this is a new wheel that was sold prematurely before it was ready. Huge mistake on our part.

To let you know, we’ve recently purchased a 2nd horizontal mill ($400K investment) and have hired additional resources to ensure our backlog of orders and our backlog in new product development moves more smoothly. Normal 3pc orders are about 2 weeks and Monoblok are about 4 weeks (they were recently 8 weeks!) but should be under 2 weeks by the end of Sep with the new machine finally up and running. None of this matters to Jarrod of course as he has already been delayed for months but I want you to know we’re committed to removing all delays.

He will get his wheels very soon. Guy tried to call him this morning after getting the update from the work this weekend and just PM’d him. When we left on Friday the fronts were just getting started. The fronts were cut on Sat and his rears are scheduled to be cut today. We should ship tomorrow.

Thanks for listening,

-----------------
Alan Peltier
President

HRE Performance Wheels
www.hrewheels.com

here is a pic of Jarrod's fronts

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-07-2010 at 01:29 PM.