996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

UFO Motorsports???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 04:56 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
UFO Motorsports???

Has any one here been a customer of Jason over at UFO Motorsports in Ca???
I have a 996 that just had the "intermix" issue and I am looking to have mine rebuilt and I'm just check out every option. So if you have used Jason over at UFO Motorsports for a rebuilt m96 engine I would love to hear some feedback.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:15 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
Are there any other recomindations to get a motor rebuilt by some one else who is well known?

Old 08-06-2010, 05:20 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
AFAIK, I think they offer a full buildup including a different IMS(I don't think it's LN's) for 7-8k+core? If you do a search, there was 1 person on here that had used them but it wasn't a full build. Contact TPC also. I know they mostly do turbo's for the 996 NA's but they do a lot of builds.
Keep us updated as when/if my motor goes, I'll most likely build it.

Old 08-07-2010, 12:07 PM
i'll contact TPC i have talked to them about a turbo kit, but know thats outa the question.... no need to force air into a bad motor...LOL

Old 08-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Talked to TPC and they told me it would be more than a reman from porsche to have them rebuild it. They typicaly deal with the GT3 motors when doing rebuilds.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Mother is infamous around these parts
Strasse Auto in Newport, Ca 949-645-1928 and why there down there ask them to rebuild with LN's IMS uprgade. Mine still running strong and does come with 1 yr warranty. Sorry can't recommend someone closer for you.

Last edited by Mother; 08-10-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:14 PM
tarzancoe is infamous around these parts
Visionmotorsports did my full rebuild. Dwain is the man. Very good pricing too.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Fozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of light
If my engine goes I'm getting Jake Raby over at Flat 6 Innovations to do a full rebuild.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm going w/ UFO. After talking to a customer of theres that is here in TX I'm sure I'll be satisfied. The customer was very satisfied and only had one sensor issue and the guys from UFO flew out to TX and and used Mike's shop "Rennsport" is sealy, TX to take care of the issue. Jason and Tim seem to know there stuff and do anual rebuilds on quite a few watercooled track cars.
I'll keep every one posted on my results.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:48 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Keep us updated...

Old 09-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Porsche_Smile is infamous around these parts
R u planning on upgrading to a 3.6? I'm kinda on the fence with UFO and vision right now

Old 09-02-2010, 01:03 PM
pmkazz is infamous around these partspmkazz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tarzancoe
Visionmotorsports did my full rebuild. Dwain is the man. Very good pricing too.
Concur on Vision. Dwain is a personal friend and has a great shop and reputation..

Old 09-27-2010, 10:40 PM
ericyingling is infamous around these parts
How did things turn out with UFO? All good?

Old 10-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Im still waiting for the $3,750 check from the dealership where i purchased the car. they had me sign a waiver stating that we are settling on that amount and that i cannot sue them...bla bla bla lol. So as soon as i see a check, I'll go ahead and ship it over.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:29 PM
996-Sam is infamous around these parts
What year and model is your car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UFO Motorsports???