996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.
View Poll Results: Should I buy the AVUS wheels?
Get 'em!
34.15%
Keep lookin'
65.85%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

New Wheel Suggestions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 03:49 PM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
yeah, good roads. cool guys.

Old 02-11-2005, 05:22 PM
alamein is infamous around these parts
anyone seen a pic of those Avus wheels on a TechArt turbo?

Old 02-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Banned
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
holly ****, i changed my mind. it looks way hot in this picture.

hey, if you can make your car sit like this car, i change my vote.

nice choice. i like it. not without tires, it looked like a low rider in your picture. it looks better on the car with tires.
It's amazing what MAKEUP does for cars.

Originally posted by greyghost
How can anyone say that these wheels aren't bad ***! The wheels construction is incredible, the finish exceptional, and the service is top-shelf. As much as I want exclusive rights to this wheel I think they are the best looking thing out there. Go for it but make it quick... the meet is in 2 days!

Old 02-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Banned
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
on a 2nd thought, i like Techarts more.

so i say keep looking. Those are too squareeeeeeeeee i mean rectangulareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 02-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
I'm having my Roock wheels painted SG to match the car. I get it back Monday and will post pictures.

Old 02-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Banned
i still think your car is the bomb Ken..

Long time no see/talk/hear. Hope all is good with you.

Bruce

Originally posted by Ken
I'm having my Roock wheels painted SG to match the car. I get it back Monday and will post pictures.

Old 02-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Re: i still think your car is the bomb Ken..

Originally posted by yellowbmr
Long time no see/talk/hear. Hope all is good with you.

Bruce
Bruce - life is GREAT. Have spent a lot of time at Willow and Buttonwillow. Car in for major rehab - also adding gauges to monitor car a little more closely.

How's everything with you?

Old 02-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Banned
Thanks for asking.

I have spent around 12k so far on the car, exhaust, stereo, trims, wheels/tires, PSS9, mats, tint, short shift.

It drives nice. Not as nice as your car. That drive you took me, man, that was scary ride.

I am still working for the software company I told you about. It keeps me busy.

Old 02-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Dev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really nice
Hey thats great news, wait, what was the topic again?

Old 02-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Porsche Chick
RobynC is infamous around these partsRobynC is infamous around these parts
I think the wheels look good, nice choice. They are definitely hot. But, don't decide just yet...keep looking.

Old 02-11-2005, 08:51 PM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
yes, there may be something else i like out there, but i don't over analyze these kind of things...if it catches my eye, i grab it.
i always liked greyghost's car, and then i was at goodroads, and the avus's just stood out. i put two and two together, and realized that the wheels i liked were actually the same as greyghosts.

then we brought the wheel outside and i just fell in love.

i'm thinking it's a go...anyone want to make a loan for about 5 g's so i can pay for these wheel/tires ? jk

Old 02-11-2005, 09:02 PM
chumpulump is infamous around these parts
I think the "blocky" avus wheels go with the more squared look of a turbo... The slender stock carrera rims might match better with the sleek, rounded C2 body.

So IMO, the AVUS's look awesome on greyghost's car, but probably won't look the same on your ride.

Old 02-11-2005, 09:04 PM
man, i am so suprised that so many of you guys actually like the stock wheels better.

i was convinced i'd just keep the wheels stock....until i saw these avus's.

Old 02-16-2005, 01:17 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
DiMisa Goodroads on Commercial Blvd? Nice people...

Old 02-16-2005, 01:22 PM
yes...thats it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Wheel Suggestions...