996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Got rear ended at stop light and now the PSE exhaust rattle is back. ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Banned
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
Got rear ended at stop light and now the PSE exhaust rattle is back. ???

I posted here awhile back about my exhaust rattle and after few weeks suddenly the noise had disappeared. I don't know how.

Few days ago I got rear ended and I noticed the same night that the infamouse PSE rattle is back.

I had the rattle problem and some forum members here mentioned that the internal parts come loose and make the rattling sound, like a loose tin can in the exhaust chamber.

I have few questions.
Can this be part of the claim? (probably not)
How much trouble is to take my old factory 996 exhaust and do the conversion to make it sound like PSE?
Does anyone here know how to do the conversion or recommend someone in Orange County, CA. that I can have it done.
I really appreciate any info.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:54 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
PM sent in regards of Darin Fister