996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

SUBWOOFERS BOX DIY...anyone can help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 09:15 PM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
SUBWOOFERS BOX DIY...anyone can help?

Hi..just looking to upgrade my car with some subwoofer.Pair or single.Preferably in the rear of my car.I have convertible and looking to doit myself.
Do anybody have here subwoofer template they can provide me with or any other solution?

Old 09-20-2010, 05:49 AM
julian914 is infamous around these parts
You can always go the fiberglass route. I dont have a template, but I build them by hand. If you have ever worked with fiberglass, they are not too bad to build.

Attached Images   
Old 09-20-2010, 07:28 AM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
that is nice setup.I would like something like that :-) i got some experience with fiberglass just minus is the messy work

Old 09-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Here are some of the pics from one of the builds. It may give you ideas on how to construct yours.

Attached Images      
Old 09-20-2010, 08:51 PM
thanks...looks good.how long will take you to doit?

Old 09-21-2010, 07:07 AM
Working in the evenings, I usually takes me about 1.5 weeks. They are a little time consuming.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:31 AM
Thanks Julian for the info.What is the underlayment you put on the seat before you applying the fiberglass?just tape with mold release?

Old 09-21-2010, 08:41 AM
fourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond repute
Single 12" behind the seats. Not a cab though.

Attached Images   
Old 09-21-2010, 09:22 AM
nice...

Old 09-21-2010, 05:16 PM
The masking tape is all I use without a mold release. Use 2 layers of PAPER masking tape (no plastic types). When you pull it from the car it will take the tape with it and then I put a layer of resin over the residual tape stuck to the bottom so it can be painted. I only lay up 2 thin layers in the car as to reduce the risk of making a mistake. Once out, the layers are numerous. You have to lay up enough that the box will not flex under pressure. You should be able to stand on the box once complete without it breaking or cracking.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Uknowthis is infamous around these parts
Fourempties, Great set up for your sub. Would you happen to have the dimensions? Thanks

Old 09-21-2010, 06:28 PM
fourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond reputefourempties has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Uknowthis
Fourempties, Great set up for your sub. Would you happen to have the dimensions? Thanks
I'll see if I can dig up the specs. What tint do you have?

Old 09-21-2010, 08:37 PM
I see julian.make sense.what about wood box?

Old 09-22-2010, 08:00 AM
I believe it's 15% for the rear and 20% on the sides.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:01 AM
Fourempties, thanks for looking.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SUBWOOFERS BOX DIY...anyone can help?