996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Another Florida car check request! (gift involved)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 06:54 AM
NC Bob is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by PorschePRH
The only unanswered question was a lot of white dust in the cracks and crevices of the interior that seems to be easily removable. The question is, why was the dust there in the first place? Any other ideas?

Other than that, the verdict was that the car drove tight and like new, and the signs of wear were in-line with for the 10K miles it has on it.
Beautiful car. Congrats. I hate to rain on your parade but don't the airbags leave a white dust residue after deployment? Check it out for accident damage. Sorry I added this after the fact.

Old 03-11-2005, 07:43 AM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
http://www.lemurzone.com/airbag/inflate.htm

Look under Sodium Azide.

Sorry buddy, but you might wanna check it out.

Old 03-11-2005, 08:14 AM
PorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to all
Worth looking into, but how? The car fax came out clean, the car was inspected by Porsche and made a certified used car by them, the only things done to the car according to a VIN lookup by Champion Porsche was a new battery and a seat recall, my buddy carbonissimo, who has been in the car/paint business before, looked at it twice and could not detect any paintwork.....

You have to have a pretty severe hit (isn't over 30mph) to deploy an airbag, don't you? That sort of damage would show up somewhere in the above checks...

Old 03-11-2005, 10:37 AM
PorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to all
Well come to think of it, I think the air bag theory is not likely because some of the same dust is found outside the car in (hard to reach for the airbag) areas like the wheel wells and inside the gas flap...

It was probably parked somewhere with this dust...

Old 03-11-2005, 11:03 AM
NC Bob is infamous around these parts
Hey, I really did not mean to alarm you. I'm really not a fatalistic person, but I've seen the results of a deployed air bag and that dust gets everywhere. Looks like you have a great car. Good luck with it.

Old 03-11-2005, 11:49 AM
It looks like I got more than I bargained for with this car...

It was not advertized to have these options (even though I directly asked):

Memory Seats
Xenons
PSM
Remote CD Changer
Colored Crested Wheel Caps

Can someone tell me if the PSM and Sport Chassis or any of the above are standard equipment or options for the 03?