996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Another Florida car check request! (gift involved)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 02:25 PM
PorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to all
Another Florida car check request! (gift involved)

I am closing a deal on a 2003 Red/Black 911 C2 with tip at Mercedes Benz of Ft Lauderdale. It only has 9.9K miles and went into service just 2 years ago.

I would love to fly down and check it out, but I just can't swing it.

I have a lot of faith that a Benz dealership would not mis-represent the car, but it would be great to have an enthusiast check it out!

I know when a Lotus or Viper sounds or drives wrong or has abnormal wear, but I am totally new to 911's.

As a show of gratitude and great thanks, I will issue a $100 Amex Gift card to the kind enthusiast that will check it out. This could be used towards your Mobil-1 bill or to cover the wine bill at a nice dinner...

It would need to be checked out tomorrow (Friday) or Saturday to make it in time....

Anybody?

Old 03-03-2005, 03:07 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
Cool

I can look for you.
You have a PM.

Old 03-03-2005, 03:08 PM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
I may be able to help you out. Email me at DiMisa77 at aol.com

Old 03-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Send me a plan ticket and I'll drive it home.....

Oh and must be willing to pay all tickets along the way....

-Eli

Old 03-03-2005, 06:16 PM
PorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to all
Looks like I found someone! Thanks!

Old 03-03-2005, 10:38 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Re: Another Florida car check request! (gift involved)

Know them very well the I am friends with manager and the top salesman, if you need call Sam Edelseberg and use me as a reference PM me for my info..I have bought many cars there and we are also personal friends

Originally posted by PorschePRH
I am closing a deal on a 2003 Red/Black 911 C2 with tip at Mercedes Benz of Ft Lauderdale. It only has 9.9K miles and went into service just 2 years ago.

I would love to fly down and check it out, but I just can't swing it.

I have a lot of faith that a Benz dealership would not mis-represent the car, but it would be great to have an enthusiast check it out!

I know when a Lotus or Viper sounds or drives wrong or has abnormal wear, but I am totally new to 911's.

As a show of gratitude and great thanks, I will issue a $100 Amex Gift card to the kind enthusiast that will check it out. This could be used towards your Mobil-1 bill or to cover the wine bill at a nice dinner...

It would need to be checked out tomorrow (Friday) or Saturday to make it in time....

Anybody?

Old 03-04-2005, 09:13 PM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
so, how did it go?

Old 03-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Looks pretty good. The only unanswered question was a lot of white dust in the cracks and crevices of the interior that seems to be easily removable. The question is, why was the dust there in the first place? I speculate from being around a paint shop with the windows down, another speculation was sea spray salt. The salesman speculated wax dust from the "boys" leaving the windows down to hear the radio.

Any other ideas?

Other than that, the verdict was that the car drove tight and like new, and the signs of wear were in-line with for the 10K miles it has on it.

Old 03-08-2005, 08:43 PM
gonna get it?

Old 03-08-2005, 08:47 PM
The car just caught a ride to Texas this morning. Was suppose to leave on Saturday, but I won't even go into what a mess the dealer made with the paperwork causing the truck driver to spend 2 nights in a hotel waiting for the car to be released... It will be here Wed. or Thurs.

Thanks for everyone's help! Especially carbonissimo's on-site help!

Old 03-10-2005, 05:56 PM
congrats! YOU will have to post pics for all to see when you take delivery.

Old 03-10-2005, 06:42 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
Cool

My Pleasure.

Old 03-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by DiMisa1977
congrats! YOU will have to post pics for all to see when you take delivery.
Here it is after a good hand wash, clay bar, and best of show wax job. It's starting to look really good now.

The wish list is a GT3 wing, BBS LM style wheels, and Fabspeed exhaust...

Attached Images  
Old 03-10-2005, 11:12 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
looks good...

Old 03-11-2005, 04:49 AM
Cool

Haven't I seen that car somewhere before?

CONGRATS!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another Florida car check request! (gift involved)