996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Being harrassed on the road!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 12:11 PM
CoreyNJ is infamous around these parts
Wow, Robyn I guess cutting you off on the road is a bad idea.

Actually I think we all get an extra little road rage from others because of our cars... My example is when I'm driving in a moderate snow storm in the right lane on the highway in my 996 with snow tires doing about 30 mph, which to me seems high since it's near white out condition, and some #%$&%&$ ba^#%&$%rd in a minivan with his all seasons is pissed and riding my tail to the point I have to pull over because he want to drive fast in the snow. If I would have had to stop, easily he would have plowed into me and would of course blame me. His attitue is I'm in a porsche so I should be speeding and not slowing him down. I get this also when it's nice out and I only want to do 80, on the Garden State Parkway.

Got to love NJ were 2 cars never get into an accident, it usually like 5-7 because they are all tailgating and driving with pent up roadrage.

Did I mention I carry a baseball bat in my car just in case

Old 03-08-2005, 12:41 PM
topspn is infamous around these parts
As much as I agree w/ you guys about how it's just not worth it, sometimes it is. One of the reasons these aholes do this stuff these days is because no one challenges their bad behavior. While I've promised my wife I won't ever stop w/ someone, I know I've made a difference w/ a couple of aholes who thought nobody would actually challenge them, and when a guy whose 6'3", 220 and pissed off suggests they "walk the talk", frequently (usually) they realize that it "just isn't worth it for them". Bullying (these aholes) behavior can be "untaught" if you catch my drift. That said, you guys are right that usually it just isn't worth it.

Old 03-08-2005, 01:21 PM
WARDHOG is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Itzkirb
i'm scared....

Funniest comment all week long! I don't know why it hit me so funny.

Old 03-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Porsche Chick
RobynC is infamous around these partsRobynC is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by topspn
As much as I agree w/ you guys about how it's just not worth it, sometimes it is. One of the reasons these aholes do this stuff these days is because no one challenges their bad behavior. While I've promised my wife I won't ever stop w/ someone, I know I've made a difference w/ a couple of aholes who thought nobody would actually challenge them, and when a guy whose 6'3", 220 and pissed off suggests they "walk the talk", frequently (usually) they realize that it "just isn't worth it for them". Bullying (these aholes) behavior can be "untaught" if you catch my drift. That said, you guys are right that usually it just isn't worth it.
Everyone is correct, it usually isn't worth it. I'm not always so confrontational. However, I do have my moments and have been fortunate to be able to pick them well. It's absolute BS to allow people to walk all over you. One just gets fed up, as I did. I'm not intimidating in any way, just a girl...but damn, somebody has to stand up for me...and that's just gonna be me! I'm not a road rage kinda person...I let a lot of crap go. Bejezzus...when some woman tries to kill me, be damned if I am not gonna call her on it. If she pulls out a gun and shoots me, it was my time to go anyway I guess.

I catch your drift Topspn, that is exactly why I did it.

Old 03-08-2005, 02:42 PM
alrova is infamous around these parts
i am glad you are OK and that you don't leave in Texas cause you will be carring a gun the whole time.

Old 03-08-2005, 02:43 PM
sorry i menat live

Old 03-08-2005, 02:45 PM
meant LOL, sorry i can't type woth ****

Old 03-08-2005, 02:54 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
What would you guys do if your driving down the road move into the left turn lane into your neighborhood on a main road and someone winds up and throws a 9 iron. It lands in the road, across 2 lanes into the turn lane, all because they hit a bad shot... It lands 3 feet in front of my car...

1). Get out pick up his club and hand it to him... He says he is sorry..

2). Get out pick up his club and throw it in the trees and read him the riot act.... Could have hit a car and made them wreck.

3). Drive off and not say anything?

Old 03-08-2005, 03:10 PM
NYSEGuy is infamous around these parts
4) Get out, pick up his club and "hand" it to him... He says sorry when he gets out of the hospital..

Old 03-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Dev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really nice
Swerving at another car should be an automatic license suspension. It should be taken as "intent to injure or kill". There has to be a zero tolerance for swerving at another motorist. I for 1 was in a traumatic accident when I was 12. Driving with my family, a car swerved over the double yellow and hit us doing a good 50mph. Noone was hurt except me, a ruptured spleen and a glass embedded face. I almost died from internal bleeding.
This woman could have been so fixated with you, so filled with road rage that she swerves wildly for you and doesn't see the "other car" coming the other way.
I feel so strongly about this because I used to ride street bikes alot. There was more than a handfull of times where I, being on 2 wheels was swerved at, or ridden to close to or even break checked. On a bike you most likley only get 1 chance at kissing a car.
To relate a story to Robyn, I had a racing pipe on my CBR RR, sounded loud, but when riding down my neighborhood, I rode very cool and very slow. But it much like Robyns car sounded like I was winding it out and ripping through the gears. One day a neighbor a couple blocks away was on the driveway with his kid playing basketball. He here's me coming first, I'm doing about 30mph on cruise mode. Then I see him in the distance walking down the driveway and stands and waits for me. As I pass he whips the basketball at me. Thankfully he was a dirtbag with no coordination and just misses me. So I stopped and said pretty much what Robyn did. Nice example to set in front of your kid. I explained I was doing the speed limit and my buddy, a town cop will be over to question him. Which he did and warned him that I could press charges.
To be the bigger man, I never rode past his house again, but he is "that guy" who swerves at cars, bikes and thinks he can police the world.
I recently have given up on bikes since a friends death on one and taken up this new passion. Glad to be here on this board with you people.

Old 03-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Dev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really nice
Holy crap am I a long winded ***!

Old 03-08-2005, 04:30 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Dev911
Holy crap am I a long winded ***!
Please refrain from using wind and *** in the same sentence. And welcome aboard!

Old 03-08-2005, 04:36 PM
fasteddie99 is infamous around these parts
Felony assault with a motor vehicle in CA results in a lifetime license revocation...

Old 03-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
You Porsche Owners are *******s! hahah

oh wait? I own two...DOH!

Old 03-08-2005, 04:41 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Gary (Fl)
What would you guys do if your driving down the road move into the left turn lane into your neighborhood on a main road and someone winds up and throws a 9 iron. It lands in the road, across 2 lanes into the turn lane, all because they hit a bad shot... It lands 3 feet in front of my car...

1). Get out pick up his club and hand it to him... He says he is sorry..

2). Get out pick up his club and throw it in the trees and read him the riot act.... Could have hit a car and made them wreck.

3). Drive off and not say anything?
5) Don't drive your car near a golf course.
Many golfers are about an inch from losing a club mid-swing, hitting themselves or a friend in the *****, slicing a ball into a nice car windshield or home, or crashing their golf cart on any given day. I caddied when I was a boy and saw all kinds of ridiculous things happen.

Okay, a real answer: Same thing you do when someone accidently skis too close to you on the mtn. Feel lucky it wasn't worse. Everybody makes mistakes. If they are truly reckless, stay the hell away from them. Now, if they come after you with a golf club purposely, all bets are off. If he's got a 9, you grab your Driver. It's all about reach baby!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Being harrassed on the road!