996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Got fister d mufflers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 09:41 AM
trisgale is infamous around these parts
gutted

[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKqqAi51wR4 [media]

Last edited by trisgale; 12-05-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Fister

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii30-cSwjJc[media]

Last edited by trisgale; 12-05-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:18 PM
jwhipple is just really nicejwhipple is just really nicejwhipple is just really nicejwhipple is just really nicejwhipple is just really nice
wow, sounds good, I would have thought the gutted sounded better.
Your tip on the pass side is a little crooked still... lol :-)
thanks for the vid!

Old 12-06-2010, 09:24 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Fisters sound WAY better. Maybe the old ones had the baffles repaired and not gutted.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:25 PM
kjchristopher is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by trisgale
That's what the thread is for. Pretty much explains everything. I don't think anyone would just read a title and come to a conclusion. They would probably read the thread.
Yes. Thank you so much for making me read the thread in order to realize that it is mis-titled and completely irrelevant to my interests. I really appreciate that, dumbass.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by jwhipple
wow, sounds good, I would have thought the gutted sounded better.
Your tip on the pass side is a little crooked still... lol :-)
thanks for the vid!
Thanks, fisters will stay. Video is not that bad for a phone cam.

And I fixed the crooked tip, I guess I was excited to hear them!

Old 12-07-2010, 06:03 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
if you sell the gutted ones i would actually be interested in buying them from you. i wouldnt mind trying to do the fisterD mod on it myself and see how that sounds after

Old 12-07-2010, 06:11 PM
tanman is infamous around these parts
Change the title!!!

I looked quickly, and I thought the OP posted:

" Got Fisted and something feels strange."

Old 12-07-2010, 06:25 PM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tanman
Change the title!!!

" Got Fisted and something feels strange."
Isn't that a Katy Perry song?

Old 12-09-2010, 02:07 PM
SimonP5150 is infamous around these parts
I went out to Fister's place last weekend and he installed a set of his modded mufflers on my 996 and what I have to say to anyone on the fence about getting them is DO IT. Sounds great.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:16 PM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
I wish it wasn't so cold out. I'm dying to get these installed. For some reason, my wife doesn't think they look good in the living room. I tried putting a red bow on them but she didn't go for it.

I forgot how much I hate winter, but it's all coming back to me now.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:36 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wyovino
I wish it wasn't so cold out. I'm dying to get these installed. For some reason, my wife doesn't think they look good in the living room. I tried putting a red bow on them but she didn't go for it.

I forgot how much I hate winter, but it's all coming back to me now.
Have you tried calling a shop to see how much they would charge to swap them? It is a 15 min per side job for a DIYer it should be a few less for a pro.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Prices from about $180 to $350.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Zmonsta is infamous around these parts
Reason for the seam weld is likely because Darin (Fister) had to fix the internal baffles that commonly fails on their own.

I know this bc I had a set of muffler that Darin installed at the shop about a year ago and about a month after it started to rattle only when car was cold and only from driver side. Darin then told me that it was not related to the mod and is common in the OEM mufflers as they age, and that he would take care of fixing it for FREE! That's right guys, they took care of all the labor to remove and cut apart and fix something they didn't even cause. Darin's customer service is second to none, I wouldn't hesitate to contact him with this question bc he will be straight up with you about it.

Any case, guess he fixed that rattle before he shipped it to you, which is a good thing and will likely not fail again.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Zmonsta
Reason for the seam weld is likely because Darin (Fister) had to fix the internal baffles that commonly fails on their own.

I know this bc I had a set of muffler that Darin installed at the shop about a year ago and about a month after it started to rattle only when car was cold and only from driver side. Darin then told me that it was not related to the mod and is common in the OEM mufflers as they age, and that he would take care of fixing it for FREE! That's right guys, they took care of all the labor to remove and cut apart and fix something they didn't even cause. Darin's customer service is second to none, I wouldn't hesitate to contact him with this question bc he will be straight up with you about it.

Any case, guess he fixed that rattle before he shipped it to you, which is a good thing and will likely not fail again.
The seam was on my stock mufflers I removed from my car to send back to Darin. It appears the stock mufflers I have were already modified (gutted) as they are significantly lighter. I got lucky and found some unmodified stock mufflers for $75 and sent them back as my core exchange.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got fister d mufflers