996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Sprint booster installed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 12:52 AM
stavroskon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tarzancoe
Does it work on 99 tips? I think there were non e-gas...?
Only work for e-gas cars my friend......

Old 02-04-2011, 12:59 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
OK I'm officially interested.
I wish there wasn't 2 feet of snow outside!!!

How is the program selection done (green, red) I don't see a mountable switch or remote in any of the photo's.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:25 AM
you can press the light (red,green,none) to change programme.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Former Vendor
SprintBooster is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chaud
Just wondering, is the original sprintbooster upgradeable to use the switching module? Can you just attach that cable/module to the older version?
Unfortunately no, the switching module is the second generation of the Sprint Booster product. There is no connect on non selectable units.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by SprintBooster
Unfortunately no, the switching module is the second generation of the Sprint Booster product. There is no connect on non selectable units.
can we change the sprintbooster switch with oem porsche 996 switch with light for oem look in dashboard? can electrical engineering do it for us?

Attached Images   

Last edited by stavroskon; 02-05-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by stavroskon
can we change the sprintbooster switch with oem porsche 996 switch with light for oem look in dashboard? can electrical engineering do it for us?
Unfortunately no, we do not recommend modifying the Sprint Booster wire in anyway. This will likely void the warranty of the unit and compromise its operation while it is plugged into the unit.

Please let me know if that helped in answering your question.

Sprint Booster USA

Old 02-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
you can press the light (red,green,none) to change programme.
Thanks Stavros.

Had a dohhhh moment there and figured it out right after I posted the question, what I thought was just an indicator light-housing is actually the switch...

I definedly want to get one but I totally agree that the switch needs a redesign to something much sleeker!

Could be a good DIY project to try and make it work with the current switch, maybe do a cutout and insert the stock switch from behind (flush mount).

However since I don't know what the profile of the switch looks like perhaps you could tell me which one of the following option is logistically feasible. (pic1 or 2)

Cheers!

Sid.

Attached Images   
Old 02-04-2011, 01:34 PM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
Unfortunately no, we do not recommend modifying the Sprint Booster wire in anyway. This will likely void the warranty of the unit and compromise its operation while it is plugged into the unit.

Please let me know if that helped in answering your question.

Sprint Booster USA
I think you're missing a huge opportunity here. Not only would you sell more units, you'd have additional revenue from sales of the switch.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by wyovino
I think you're missing a huge opportunity here. Not only would you sell more units, you'd have additional revenue from sales of the switch.
We do appreciate the feedback and encourage everyone to speak their mind about our product so that we can continue to enhance its performance and appearance.

While we dont rule out such a change, you must understand that changes in design may require extensive testing and further R&D to ensure that safety and performance are never compromised.

Your feedback is valueable, and will be noted and shared with Sprint Booster Europe, as will all feedback, good or bad.

If anyone else has something to say about Sprint Booster, please feel free to email us at info@sprintboosterusa.com

Old 02-04-2011, 02:37 PM
We do appreciate the feedback and encourage everyone to speak their mind about our product so that we can continue to enhance its performance and appearance.

Your feedback is valueable, and will be noted and shared with Sprint Booster Europe, as will all feedback, good or bad.
Since you're the vendor and I'd be buying the sprint booster from you perhaps you could answer this question (surprised you haven't chimed in already).

Could I do a cutout and insert the stock switch from behind (flush mount)?.
Since I don't know what the profile of the switch looks like perhaps you could tell me which one of the following option (if any) is logistically feasible. (pic1 or 2)

Thanks!

Sid.

Attached Images   
Old 02-05-2011, 12:30 AM
Let me ask a question about this, to Mr John Boulekos the manufacture of SB, it's a friend. Monday morning we know what to do.It's no problem for me if i lost the warranty we can do something like that http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...or-opener-diy/

Last edited by stavroskon; 02-05-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:21 PM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
Btw - The heated seat switch is a three position switch. Off, on 1, and on 2.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Let me ask a question about this, to Mr John Boulekos the manufacture of SB, it's a friend. Monday morning we know what to do.It's no problem for me if i lost the warranty we can do something like that http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...or-opener-diy/
Thanks!
Ps. sorry but I'm not able to read the renntech page there's an error that pops up so I'm not sure what you're suggesting .

Old 02-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Thanks!
Ps. sorry but I'm not able to read the renntech page there's an error that pops up so I'm not sure what you're suggesting .
There is a memeber who cable the garage door transmitter with oem targa roof switch.
Can you see this page http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/albur29

Old 02-06-2011, 04:40 PM
There is a memeber who cable the garage door transmitter with oem targa roof switch.
Can you see this page http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/albur29
OK got it, thanks!
This link worked for me.

Looks cool but I'm not sure if I'd be willing to take a chance of turning my Porsche into a Toyota ....(ya know all throttle no stop!)
Had it happen once, gave a little gas and the car just took off through the car wash, scared the bejesus out of me

So I think I'll stick with the stock booster switch but try to find a more visually pleasing way of inter-grading it into the interior.
Well that's the goal at least

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sprint booster installed.