996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

What's the car that turns YOUR head?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 09:41 PM
ViperGTS is infamous around these parts
Smile

Originally Posted by krpt176
Dear lord you know actually know someone who own a noble m400 and someone who owns a countach?
That's a seriously outstanding group of A-listers. I'd kill to get inside a Countach or diablo dude. I know I sound like a 7 year old but I worshipped those cars as a kid and the bug never went away.

The Countach is one of the most difficult cars to get in or out [ has a nice red interior] , but once sit in , it's comfortable . Go in reverse ,you practically need to get half way out sitting on the side sill to see where you're going . The Noble is my favorite ,because its nimbleness and handling.The Maranello is a masterpiece inside and out but somewhat doesn't have the Wow factor Ferraris usually have.My friend with the Maranello had an original Countach back in the 70's when he lived in S Africa.

Here we're on the Sea to Sky highway

http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/IMG_0368.JPG

http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/IMG_0392.JPG

stop at a friend's house

http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/IMG_0389.JPG

Old 01-04-2011, 09:56 PM
ViperGTS is infamous around these parts
Wink

Originally Posted by RF5BPilot
I.
Originally Posted by RF5BPilot

"Collector" cars are wasted on me. I get the idea of art; I don't relate well to cars as investments. If it's a true investment, you wouldn't drive it. I've always respected Leno for buying what interested him and driving what he bought. Whew....some of his cars are quite a production to drive.
A very good friend of mine who I spend some time together [ both of us are boating fanatics] during summer months at his summer place , has a 1930 Pebble Beach concours Austin7 supercharged Brookland racer [ only a handful survivors] we tool around the switchbacks . He also has a 68 Lotus Super 7 he bought when he graduated ,also restored and we drive around in it. the Austin >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt2fuXVmIps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_-Af...eature=related

Last edited by ViperGTS; 01-04-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:49 AM
masitr is infamous around these parts
Carrera GT for sure. I almost broke my neck. I also love lowered 993's

Old 01-06-2011, 02:28 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
I love Nobles for their performance aspect but the thing that bothers me(on a personal level) is the kit car aspect and those damn Hyundai Sonata taillights.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Lee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the rough
I can't think of an exotic of any type that would get a big look from me - some pretty exotic stuff running around here. Old and restored and good, by contrast, is rare and interesting -- so something like a '52 Pontiac Straight Eight coupe or an old Crosley will do it for me. Someone in this neighborhood has a pristine very early (I think '50) Jaguar XK coupe (looking at its wheels and tires and fittings, it has to be among the very first series) . . . something like that.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:55 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lee Willis
I can't think of an exotic of any type that would get a big look from me - some pretty exotic stuff running around here.
How about this one?

Old 01-06-2011, 04:25 PM
997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light
Lots of great cars will turn my head - lately however, I've been lusting for a Bentley GT. Not sure if it will pass or if I'll have to get one in the next few years. The 2011 is even sharper looking.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:19 AM
Nine_Eleven is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by alpine003
I don't know of any track guys that actually paints the lower splitter since it will get dinged up and chipped badly at the tracks.
my $.02

REALLY? Just cause you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Nine_Eleven
REALLY? Just cause you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
You are correct. I merely stated that I haven't seen one. I never said that one did not exist.

Now does it make sense to have a painted lower splitter on a race car? That can be debated and can be based on their budget, sponsor obligations, marketing, tastes, etc.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:14 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
You are correct. I merely stated that I haven't seen one. I never said that one did not exist.

Now does it make sense to have a painted lower splitter on a race car? That can be debated and can be based on their budget, sponsor obligations, marketing, tastes, etc.
Exactly.

Of course I would do this if I was told I have to, or if somebody else is paying for it.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:20 PM

We are talkin' about painted front splitter.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Sceptre is infamous around these parts
I always liked the AM Vantage. There is a student at my kid's school who gets dropped off in a Vantage.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
The information I have on it - it's hellasunk.

I'm willing to bet that car doesn't even know what a track looks like.
Wow so is this one, also "hella" sunk. But damn this one is another 911 cup car as well. So if you have a real info then I'll put out the smile. This one sure knows what the track looks like. It doesn't have limiter either.

[youtube]fSS2Ijialfw[/youtube]

Old 01-16-2011, 07:58 AM
Wow so is this one, also "hella" sunk. But damn this one is another 911 cup car as well. So if you have a real info then I'll put out the smile. This one sure knows what the track looks like. It doesn't have limiter either.
[youtube]fSS2Ijialfw[/youtube]
That is a poor example on so many levels. First, all cars in front of him have a higher ride height for a reason. Second, how the hell you suppose to steer that thing on tight corners without the tires rubbing? You've see the guy pull out of the spot and was barely able to turn the wheel. Why does the guy have a mk2 car with mk1 tails(accident maybe?) but also the center exhaust on a MK2 "Cup" car model(if it really is one). Also, just because you have a cup car(or replica) on a track doesn't mean you know what you're doing/are good driver/posts fast times. How much do you figure that guy has on suspension travel? How do you propose he gets around bumps on a track without totally upsetting the car's balance from hitting the bumpstops? If he's running a really high spring rate to limit suspension travel then that kind of setup would at most be only tuned for 1 specific type of track. IMO, this guy has track poser written all over it just like the first example you posted.

Let's just say that those cars might look cool and turn a few heads getting back on the original topic. However past that in terms of track time performance and the fact that the owners of them could be tools is another debate.

I sense maybe you were part of the VW/Audi Eurostretch/Poke/Pull crowd at one point?

Old 01-16-2011, 08:07 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
^ lol!
It doesn't have limiter either.
The rest was addressed.

What limiter are you referring to? I don't understand how this even fits into the discussion.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What's the car that turns YOUR head?