996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

4S-Rodents--WTF!!!$$$$

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 12:26 AM
ericyingling is infamous around these parts
If you haven't already, I would connect with your insurance company immediately and not count on your service advisor for advice regarding your personal auto coverage.

I see some serious phone time with your insurance company in your near future and once you are clear on what they will cover then you can make a decision on who will repair your car.

I would imagine you already have an estimate from the dealer for repair costs? I would submit that to your insurance company. If its a go, then I don't see why you wouldn't have them work on it. If the estimate for repairs is not approved by your insurance company, then it makes sense to go to an independent shop. Who normally works on your car? A dealership? The dealership where your car is now?

I wouldn't have a biased service advisor act as the intermediary between you and your insurance company until after you have decided who is going to be doing the repair. I would maintain as much autonomy in this potentially complicated situation as possible.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:37 AM
911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about
Waiting game..

Insurance adjuster is coming out this week. Hopefully the adjuster give the green light and the dealer can order the harness from Germany. Won't be until March til I get to drive my Pcar. Should I have the dealer perform any additional service on my engine since they have to drop it anyways? Any suggestions? As of now I have 33K miles. Hopefully 2011 will be a better year for my 911..Ordering the Rhino full car cover next month. Any other brands you can advice on? Thanks..And Rodent traps!!! The ones that snap the neck!~!!!

Old 01-19-2011, 10:39 PM
911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about
Update: Porsche dealer is working on my vehicle, but the wait for a new engine harness from Porsche (Germany) takes between 6-8 weeks to make and deliver harness. Dealer adjusted their initial estimate to match what my insurance company will pay. Almost 1/2 of the original estimate. Maybe this dealer is hurting for business, because I was ready to pickup my ride and find an independent shop. Now is the agony of waiting and waiting and waiting...

Old 01-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Until today I was really miffed that the cat from next door left foot prints on my car every day. I often catch the little bugger sleeping on my engine cover when the weather is cold and the engine is nice and toasty. It turn out - that's probably a good thing!

I just wish he could jump on at the back instead of jumping on the hood and climbing up the windshield to get to the back...

Old 01-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Best defense against nite critters

Originally Posted by Slider
Until today I was really miffed that the cat from next door left foot prints on my car every day. I often catch the little bugger sleeping on my engine cover when the weather is cold and the engine is nice and toasty. It turn out - that's probably a good thing!

I just wish he could jump on at the back instead of jumping on the hood and climbing up the windshield to get to the back...
That little cat is probably the best defense against nite critters invading your car! I'd trade footprints to an eaten engine harness any day! Mechanic said he see's this a lot with people living in PV, Malibu, Pacific Palisades, and mountain areas. Porsche must coat the harness with peanut butter or something.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Glad to hear everything worked out for you. The wait sux, but at least it's being covered.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:00 AM
xsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud of
good thing they didn't get inside the car too! i had a car a few years ago and during winter storage mice got inside the car and made a mess of the interior!

Old 02-02-2011, 12:39 AM
...After nearly 8 weeks without my ride, the dealer called and said the car is done! Can't wait to pick her up. Heading to Home depot first to pickup those Rodent traps to avoid this from happening again.(Going with both the traditional traps and electrical ones to fricken zap those *uckers!) Then it's testing out the Rhino full car cover!

Old 02-02-2011, 09:34 PM
pmkazz is infamous around these partspmkazz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MkC2
I have the same problem in my Titan which is parked outside..damn rats made a nest next to the manifold...PITA...to remove the twigs & leaves...one got BBQ..sick
I had this problem with my daily commuting car which I park outside----until I sprinkled cayenne pepper on top of the engine manifold. the f-kers never showed up again. Every time I wash the car I sprinkle cayenne pepper on top of the manifold. Never had the problem again...

Old 02-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Thanks

Originally Posted by pmkazz
I had this problem with my daily commuting car which I park outside----until I sprinkled cayenne pepper on top of the engine manifold. the f-kers never showed up again. Every time I wash the car I sprinkle cayenne pepper on top of the manifold. Never had the problem again...
Will do the same with the pepper! Sprinkle some on the engine and below on the garage floor.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:44 AM
Car back home!!

9 weeks, $10K in damage and my car is back to normal! Nice to finally be able to drive and see my ride in the garage! As of now I'm going to triple protect my 911 with: RHino car cover, Electric Rodent Zapper, Moth ***** in pantyhose inserted into engine compartment, (mechanic suggested it) to fight against these things! I just have to remember to remove the moth ***** before speeding off. Now to treat my baby to a nice oil change and detail.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.