996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

LA/OC Run to San Diego Meet on Saturday, March 26

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 07:41 PM
topspn is infamous around these parts
Joe,

Hope to make it. I'll join you guys at the meetup near here if I can get away Sat morning.

Regards

Old 03-24-2005, 09:47 PM
blkgt3 is infamous around these parts
Topspn, I grew up in MD. I went to College Park for undergrad. Hope you can join us.

Tony

Old 03-24-2005, 11:36 PM
Thx Tony. Certainly going to try. Seems like a good group of people and a lot of fun.

Regards

Old 03-25-2005, 06:33 PM
San Diego Porschophile
drpaulmarsh is infamous around these parts
Looks like I'm out... My car is still at Pioneer. Good news is I got a little boxster to play with over the weekend. I think I'll let my girlfiend take it for a spin... Who knows maybe one day his and her Porsches.... ;0)

Old 03-25-2005, 09:59 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by drpaulmarsh
Looks like I'm out... My car is still at Pioneer. Good news is I got a little boxster to play with over the weekend. I think I'll let my girlfiend take it for a spin... Who knows maybe one day his and her Porsches.... ;0)
Hey toughguy, watch out, she might kick yo' *** in her "little boxster"!

Old 03-25-2005, 11:40 PM
San Diego Porschophile
drpaulmarsh is infamous around these parts
Well I spoke with Shaun at Pioneer and supposedly Moe my Tech there was able to save the day! Turns out it was only a valve spring, and he fixed it with out having to take the entire motor out or replace any valves/stems. They did a compression test & a leak down test and it is looking good! They just have to put the finishing touches and get it put back together tomorrow. It will be ready late tomorow night or first thing monday. . .

Paul

Old 03-25-2005, 11:46 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by drpaulmarsh
Well I spoke with Shaun at Pioneer and supposedly Moe my Tech there was able to save the day! Turns out it was only a valve spring, and he fixed it with out having to take the entire motor out or replace any valves/stems. They did a compression test & a leak down test and it is looking good! They just have to put the finishing touches and get it put back together tomorrow. It will be ready late tomorow night or first thing monday. . .

Paul
That's great! Soy-tain-ly! Woob-woob-woob!...Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck...

(Let's go drivin' soon!)

Old 03-26-2005, 01:34 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
LA/OC 6speeders:

The San Diego meet will occur at 7 AM on Saturday, March 26th.

LA Guys: Perhaps you can meet at Lucent in West LA. Once you get to a predefined location off the 405 South (where 405 and 55 meet), the OC guys will hook up with you (based on phone call to me letting me know you are there). It will probably take us 30 to 45 minutes to get to SD from OC...maybe more. If you guys can be in OC at 6:15 AM and meet with us, that would be great.

OC Guys: Let's meet in the Starbucks parking lot on the corner of Jeffrey and Alton (Alton Square) 5365-B Alton Parkway, Irvine CA, 92604 at 6 AM. I know this is early but the meet is early.

Once in SD, we can check out the rides and perhaps grab some lunch. Maybe Albert will be kind enough to take some of those awesome pics for us as we drive along the San Diego coast...hehe...then a run back up to LA/OC.

bumble996 has also arranged for a site visit to HRE in Vista, CA. Please send bumble996 a PM if you will be attending this visit.

If you are in, let me know so we don't leave anyone behind. If there are any objections to the proposed plan, let me know.

Take care and this should be fun. I'm bringing my wife along...please feel free to bring someone along.

T

Old 03-26-2005, 02:15 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
LA guys,
How many of u are actually going from WLA or LA? if there's just me i might not going to Lucent in the morning.

please let me know if anybody is going from there.

Old 03-26-2005, 09:26 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Hey Guys:

See you at 6 AM at the Starbucks in Irvine. It's early, but the weather looks like it will be wonderful and the cars will be hot!

If you gave Albert an RSVP for the HRE visit, please be sure to go.

Take care.

T

Old 03-26-2005, 10:17 PM
blkgt3 is infamous around these parts
Hey Thomas,
Is there a Starbucks at Alton and Jeffrey?I thought it was Coffee Bean.

Tony

Old 03-26-2005, 10:43 PM
I just ate at Korean BBQ House and would have checked whether or not it's a Starbucks had I read your post sooner. Unfortunately my son's first match is at Costa Mesa at 8am so looks like I have to pass. Dangit. That's the third cool thing that I've been in the right town at the right time and couldn't participate.

Old 03-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by blkgt3
Hey Thomas,
Is there a Starbucks at Alton and Jeffrey?I thought it was Coffee Bean.

Tony
Hey Tony:

Nope. There is Starbucks in the Ralph's shopping center parking lot (the strip mall where El Cholo Restaurant is).

See you there!

T

Old 03-27-2005, 01:52 AM
Tuuner,

Which intersection or road is that off of?

Regards

Old 03-27-2005, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by topspn
Tuuner,

Which intersection or road is that off of?

Regards
Corner of Jeffrey and Alton in Irvine, CA.

T

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LA/OC Run to San Diego Meet on Saturday, March 26