996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Fabspeed Cat Bypass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 01:23 PM
Nine_Eleven is infamous around these parts
Alex so those numbers are right? 285whp?

Old 01-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2300cc
I believe the chart posted is correct for a cat bypass pipe, it is just labeled wrong within the chart. You can see the low end drop off in torque between about 2700-3500rpm. I'm sure Alex would know if this is definitely the correct chart.
Originally Posted by Nine_Eleven
Alex so those numbers are right? 285whp?
Hey Guys, yes that Dyno chart is correct for the Cat-bypass Pipes with stock mufflers vs a totally stock exhaust. It was done on a 996 C2 and the car made 285HP/295TQ to the wheels with the cat-bypass pipe only. Yes it will loose some low end HP and TQ as you can see in the graph but the gains are great from there on. The Cat-bypass Pipe is designed for track use due to the power loss down low and emissions purposes but you can use it on the street as well.
thanks,

Old 01-19-2011, 08:38 AM
2300cc is infamous around these parts2300cc is infamous around these parts
Hey Alex thanks for the replies. I am going to have to figure out which route I would like to go. Once tax returns come we'll be in touch! Do you welcome people to the shop? I live in NY so I could just take a ride out to pick up the pipe rather than have it shipped.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:55 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2300cc
Hey Alex thanks for the replies. I am going to have to figure out which route I would like to go. Once tax returns come we'll be in touch! Do you welcome people to the shop? I live in NY so I could just take a ride out to pick up the pipe rather than have it shipped.
Hey 2300, yes you are always welcome to come to Fabspeed and check it all out and see how its all done. Give me a shout when you want to make the trip and I will have the bypass pipes ready for you when you get here and then give you a tour of the facility.
thanks,

Old 01-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Alex when you say 285HP/295TQ to the wheels with just cat bypass only. Meaning with the factory exhaust?

Will adding muffler bypass lose/gain any power?

Old 01-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Former Vendor
Alex when you say 285HP/295TQ to the wheels with just cat bypass only. Meaning with the factory exhaust?

Will adding muffler bypass lose/gain any power?
Hey Nine-Eleven, yes the factory mufflers were on the car. The muffler bypass pipes will make more HP at the mid range to top end but loose HP/TQ down low, due to the loss in backpressure. The car does need some exhaust restriction in order to make power everywhere.
thanks,

Old 01-24-2011, 12:55 PM
So it's not bad running cat bypass with stock mufflers then right?

Old 01-24-2011, 01:48 PM
ALE-SUPERBIKE is infamous around these parts
Hello Alex, if I use the bypass x cat, how many hp gain at medium / high? How to lose hp low? Then if I change the ECU, the low return to the original hp or more horses?

Old 01-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Former Vendor
So it's not bad running cat bypass with stock mufflers then right?
Not at all, its just another way to run the exhaust system and get a different sound.

Originally Posted by ALE-SUPERBIKE
Hello Alex, if I use the bypass x cat, how many hp gain at medium / high? How to lose hp low? Then if I change the ECU, the low return to the original hp or more horses?
You will lose some good HP and TQ down low to the mid range and then it will come back up and make a nice Increase. If you do the ECU tune, we can bring the power back up a little to level it out but not too much. if you are looking for overall HP gains, go with the Sport Cat and if you are looking for a nice sound and want power in the mid range and on, but also want to keep the stock mufflers, you can go with the catbypass pipe only. I recommend going with the Sport Cat X Pipe and the Maxflo mufflers for a good HP increase and a nice sporty and deep sound, that you will like.
thanks,

Old 01-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Alex, I have the Fabspeed X cat bypass and Fabspeed muffler bypass. So I'm at 285rwhp 295tq. What does it take to bump it up to 300-320rwhp? Talking about all motor bolt ons stuff. I'm going to stick with bolt ons instead of F/I it gets complicated there.

What would you suggest?

Headers?

EVOMS intake?

Plenum spacer?

Tune?

ECU upgrade?

Weight reduction?

Full exhaust instead of muffler bypass?

Thanks!

Old 01-26-2011, 03:01 AM
ALE-SUPERBIKE is infamous around these parts
Your e 'a 3.4? Are 285 hp at the wheel?

Old 02-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Former Vendor
PM Sent.