996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

What site can you get replica GT3 seats (996) ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Nine_Eleven is infamous around these parts
What site can you get replica GT3 seats (996) ?

I have a few Q's about replica GT3 bucket seats for 996

- Are they approved for track and street?

- Which sites sells them?

- Any difference from the real (look wise)?

Sample pictures. These are real.

Euro version 996 MKI (with Porsche emblem embroided and "Recaro" cloth.
Name:  porsche_996gt3club_02475_0023_03_02_29.jpg
Views: 9478
Size:  56.1 KB

Euro version 996 MKII Porsche emblem pressed and leather
Name:  3243630441_e6f343ae14_b.jpg
Views: 18579
Size:  68.0 KB

Old 01-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Carguy911-85 is infamous around these parts
I think that revoZsport may have a carbon fiber version. Last time I checked It was not track certified.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:31 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
sponsor rottec...I don't think any replicas on the market are certified...

Last edited by geetee; 01-20-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Nice, do you mind if I ask how much and what web site? How about insurance concern? Will they be concern?

Old 01-20-2011, 05:42 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Ray @ rottec...it's on the right...sorry I'm too lazy to link it but...
the only difference I know is that no crest on the top center...the seat adjustment on the OEM is on the side...replicas have them on the bottom center...replicas you can customize from CF/Kev/RFG and stitching color...mine is silver...and seat cusion can be customized also so you can basically have it anyway you want....email Ray. He's very helpful. I don't know the current price as I bought it through group buy and it was a little over 1k shipped.
Not sure about insurance....the factory doesn't have airbags built into them like the 997's so I don't know why they would care.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Carguy911-85 is infamous around these parts
Recaro is the way to go if you want certified product for my money. the profi is a good seat for all spirited purposes. i use the pole position but my cars not a daily driver. My son likes Sparco too. if you plan on, or do DE's your tech guys will check seats and belts for certs... good luck

Old 01-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks guys for the input. I might wait till I can get real GT3 seats which is bank.

Plan to track it and daily so safety is a must.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Do NOT buy replicas. I'm not about to say anything bad about someone's product, but I did witness the results of what ended up to be a near fatal results of an accident which was primarily due to the fact of replica seats...

Do the right thing and buy proper product. Seats, safety belts, etc are important to protect your life. Don't cheap out.

Personal story, I picked up GT3 seats and someone put in bolts for the belts. They didn't like the fit I guess and cut the bolts. There were NOT grade 8 and they were also only threaded about three threads deep... suicidal.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 01-21-2011, 12:01 AM
Yeah that's what I was saying, I was just curious about the replica.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:16 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Most replica companies do not have the budget or interest in obtaining FIA certification which can be costly. Part of the higher price you pay for companies like Recaro, Sparco, etc have the FIA cert factored into it.

With that said, assuming the correct materials/manufacturing/QA controls are in place, a fixed back seat is no where near going to be risky in going replica vs an adjustable seat as the risk is a lot lower.

If you are tracking a car 100% of the time many times throughout the year in a very competetive environment or races, it would probably be worth it to pay for top notch seat for that peace of mind. Otherwise, it can be debateable.

My $.02

Old 01-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the input guys!

Old 01-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
The incident I'm referring to was a fixed back seat and it was an accident on the track, but could have been the same as any street accident.

It broke clear in half and the driver was seriously injured. If it wasn't for the helment, he would have been killed.

If you go cheap on anything safety, you are an idiot.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 01-21-2011, 12:57 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Purplxd
The incident I'm referring to was a fixed back seat and it was an accident on the track, but could have been the same as any street accident.
That might be one case and we don't know the circumstances or details of it. I haven't noticed this on a widespread basis though.

If you are trying to stir fear into others, we might as well go back to the IMS thing...

Bottom line: Everyone's an adult and makes their own judgement on what's suitable and what kinds of risks they're willing to take. Some might go overboard, some might not do enough. It isn't for us to judge. Natural selection...

Old 01-21-2011, 01:02 PM
IMS won't kill you... bull**** safety gear will.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 01-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Purplxd
IMS won't kill you... bull**** safety gear will.

Cheers
Aaron
So will smoking, eating a cheeseburger, etc. It is all relative...

My point was that IMS is so overblown issue that is propogated on the net and it instills fear into people when in reality it only accounts for a small portion of engines. I was trying to say just because there was 1 or a few replica fixed back seat accidents, doesn't necessarily mean that it is common or the norm.

I guess you're calling all the Porsche owners that bought the Rotec seat, idiots? Am I missing something?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What site can you get replica GT3 seats (996) ?