996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Extreme Dimensions OR Precision Porsche [ Front Bumper Quality ] ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Nine_Eleven is infamous around these parts
Call me again I got a few q's. Anytime.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CampioniShop1
Have you considered NR Auto?

They make a kit to convert a 996 with a 997 GT2 front bumper:

I did a full write-up on this dumper for another 6speeder. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3047872
Here's a copy/paste of that.

I've bought a front bumper for my other P. and the side skirts on this one from Precision Porsche and have been happy with the quality and service.
Would have bought the GT2 bumper from them as well but they didn't carry it at the time (not sure if they do now).

Here she goes...

You've got to do fiber/putty work on the tow-hook cover, the outside points where the bumper sits against the light, re-enforce the anchor point by the pumpkins (after shaving those down) and do a whole bunch of fitments, cutting and drilling for where the LED's go, the lip, grills, attachment by the hood etc, etc.

Than you've got the priming, sanding, painting and clear-coat before the final assembly, now because every surface curves in every direction block sanding is basically out... which means chances are pretty good you'll find some waves in the surface (of course after it's been installed) which means (if you're a psycho like me) you've got to have it done all over again!

Now that was with my bumper which is a high quality one (from Wicked Motor Works) it cost me about 5K with the oem led's, grills and lip + shipping and brokerage.

Also you'll absolutely need to have the oem lip cause it's very forgiving, like Alpine003 said the fiber-glass one is a disaster!

Because the bumper is fiberglass you'll also need to have an M3 film installed on the bumper, that works like magic and negates the negative attributes of the fiberglass, however since there is no M3 computer pattern for this Frankenstein bumper it has to be hand cut on the car by a very, very skilled professional (read $$$).

If you're going to spend this kind of $ on the labour for a bumper you might as well bite the bullet and go for the one I got (of course you still have to add the cost for the electrical of the led's).

So if you're still interested I know Wicked Motor Works do have a 997 GT2 bumper for your car, in total it cost me about 10K
It gets complicated and expensive but if it was easy everyone would be doing it!

I know it's sort of a crazy thing to do...but what a ride!!!!

Good luck!

Sid.

Attached Images     
Old 02-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor
CampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the rough
I think you are targeting the wrong company.

NR auto kits are all made from polyeurethane, not fiberglass. I would definately advise against any kind of fiberglass on a Porsche.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Wheelman is infamous around these parts
I have the Extreme Dimensions GT3 RS front bumper on mine. I was very pleased with the fitment, especially for the price (they were on sale when I purchased it.) Although it is not 100% perfect, I would say 90-95%.

I bought it a month ago when they were on sale. I love the look and fitment. I didn't put the front spoiler on because the roads aren't kind to them in Houston.

I will post pics when I get a chance to get you a better idea of how it looks installed.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:21 AM
I went with Precision Porsche.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lambomike
I like the gt2 bumper. I wonder how it fits??
Dude... check above post 17, it doesn't get much more detailed than that

Old 02-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Nine_Eleven
Good choice.
pics when you're done

Good luck!

Old 02-16-2011, 01:40 AM
I will post pics soon.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:05 AM
f0ster is infamous around these parts
Smile Precision Porsche are great

Originally Posted by Nine_Eleven
I also chose Precision Porsche. The custom Techart front bumper fitted great and Tony did a great job painting it and matching my Lapis Blue Porsche. Good guys there too.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:40 PM
lobo1186 is infamous around these partslobo1186 is infamous around these partslobo1186 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
My vote goes to...

Precision

If you do a search here, I would venture to say most (if not everyone) is completely satisfied with our products and customer service

Edwin
It looks like you are offering a good product... However, do you make actual gt3 front bumpers? the gt3 style that you sell for a 986 just doesn't look as good IMHO. This isnt to say that others may not like it. I just like the OEM more.

I would certainly be interested in an OEM gt3 mkI replica bumper out of polyurethane.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lobo1186
It looks like you are offering a good product... However, do you make actual gt3 front bumpers? the gt3 style that you sell for a 986 just doesn't look as good IMHO. This isnt to say that others may not like it. I just like the OEM more.

I would certainly be interested in an OEM gt3 mkI replica bumper out of polyurethane.
Which year GT3 are you looking for? We have the 04, 08, and 2011 versions for the MK1. All of our bumpers are made out of fiberglass with the exception of one. The 2008 GT3 for the MK1 is available in polyurethane.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:26 PM
lobo1186 is infamous around these partslobo1186 is infamous around these partslobo1186 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Which year GT3 are you looking for? We have the 04, 08, and 2011 versions for the MK1. All of our bumpers are made out of fiberglass with the exception of one. The 2008 GT3 for the MK1 is available in polyurethane.

the 996 gt3 MkI as pictured in this photo here.

It is a direct bolt on to the 986 Boxster which I have. I believe the 996 GT3 MkI is from 1999...

Last edited by lobo1186; 08-26-2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: need to add picture.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lobo1186
the 996 gt3 MkI as pictured in this photo here.

It is a direct bolt on to the 986 Boxster which I have. I believe the 996 GT3 MkI is from 1999...
We have it in fiberglass. If you are interested in a quote, PM me with your zip code. We do not have it in poly.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:48 AM
matthewbounds is a jewel in the roughmatthewbounds is a jewel in the roughmatthewbounds is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by f0ster
I also chose Precision Porsche. The custom Techart front bumper fitted great and Tony did a great job painting it and matching my Lapis Blue Porsche. Good guys there too.
How has the bumper held up?

Old 12-06-2011, 06:50 AM
matthewbounds is a jewel in the roughmatthewbounds is a jewel in the roughmatthewbounds is a jewel in the rough
Is the TA Bumper made of Poly or Fiberglass? What about the 2011 GT3 Bumper?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Extreme Dimensions OR Precision Porsche [ Front Bumper Quality ] ???