996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

My Girlfriends comments about my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:51 AM
strat10 is infamous around these parts
I have always told my wife she's the only girl in the world that complains about riding in a Porsche....I guess I was wrong. Lol
No, she isnt

After a few weeks, she still hates it. Infact she said that this car represents all the "******bag" guys she hates...... Brutal. Trying to explain the fact that its a performance car, and she has given it a bad rap, has all gone in vain.

Ugggg

Old 02-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Sosoomi1 is a jewel in the roughSosoomi1 is a jewel in the roughSosoomi1 is a jewel in the rough
I feel your pain....

Signed *****bag

Old 02-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Dr Kans is infamous around these parts
I have a 2003 TT and it has cup-holder and glove box, so it must have been 2002-2003 when they added them. If you read some of the first reviews of the 996 TT, the few complaints they had were about the lack of these items. Now the car is nearly perfect ! Just dial up the boost, more aggressive exhaust , coil-overs and your ready for anything !

My wife likes my car and says, " I look sexy in it " !
I do get a little stare(fright) when I fire up all 600 hp and throw her back in her seat ! Free E-ticket ride I tell her .

Old 02-07-2011, 01:03 PM
balefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nice
Originally Posted by strat10
No, she isnt

After a few weeks, she still hates it. Infact she said that this car represents all the "******bag" guys she hates...... Brutal. Trying to explain the fact that its a performance car, and she has given it a bad rap, has all gone in vain.

Ugggg
try http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/
try moving her seat forward and a wind blocker to avoid messing her hair
try new shocks if your shocks are blown. it shouldn't be that stiff.
if you have an aftermarket exhaust / cat / header, try pse or valvetronic fabspeed or stock setup which is certainly quiet

Old 02-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Playersexpress is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by balefire
try http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/
try moving her seat forward and a wind blocker to avoid messing her hair
try new shocks if your shocks are blown. it shouldn't be that stiff.
if you have an aftermarket exhaust / cat / header, try pse or valvetronic fabspeed or stock setup which is certainly quiet
Wouldn't it be easier to get a new girl than try and fix all the "problems" with the car?

Old 02-07-2011, 02:30 PM
There are no problems with the car

Old 02-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Its bouncy
No cupholders
Its loud
Convertibles are gay
The seats are uncomfortable
No Glove box
Its Impractical
Makes her hair messy

I think I got the right car
Wow! I hope for your sake she doesn't bring this talk into the bedroom .

Ouch! Sounds like theres some serious pressure going on in the background there to make a decision.

There are no problems with the car
OK, sounds like a pretty straight forward decision then.
Although which is the higher mileage? That may change the game plan .

Old 02-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Although which is the higher mileage? That may change the game plan .
They both have relatively low mileage, but at the moment I having much more fun with the car!

Old 02-07-2011, 06:21 PM
harkerdude is infamous around these partsharkerdude is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JB Lifeguard
after i got my C4S, with its big curves, i was out polishing the car, for the third time that summer. she says to me, "you spend more time rubbing her curves than mine,"

without thinking, i say, "her curves are better than yours"

and that's when the fun began!!!!
I literally laughed out loud. haha

Old 02-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Guess she'll be taking the bus.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:27 AM
after i got my C4S, with its big curves
Unfortunately, I had to get a standard 911, I spent all my money on her curves!

Old 02-08-2011, 09:35 PM
RF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really nice
...Infact she said that this car represents all the "******bag" guys she hates......
I didn't know the car could hold that much baggage.

She's certainly bringing a lot with her.

It's probably useful over time to try to separate what she simply doesn't like about the car itself...and how many old movies she's playing in her head that she's reacting to. She's not obligated to enjoy the car. It helps, though. Sorta helps if both people in a relationship respect each other and their interests.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:39 AM
mrpinto is infamous around these parts
Sounds familiar...

My wife used to complain about my S2000. No space for the dog, no space for groceries or luggage on long trips, cup holders were useless due to placement right behind the shifter, stiff ride meant soreness after long trips.

So we're moving to the 911, a much more practical car. Back seat, larger trunk, many cup holder options in the larger cabin and we're looking at adjustable suspension options.

It's all a matter of perspective, hope you can find a similar compromise.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Unfortunately I dont think its the actual lack of cup holders, she just thinks that only C@#cks drive this car. Its just something she will have to get over, because its not going anywhere soon......Except maybe a 4S.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:27 PM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura about
My girl loves my C4S. She hates when people put down windows cause of her hair blowing around. When she gets in my car she makes sure her window is down (They are tinted) cause she wants everyone to see her. Mine is a six speed so she can't drive it. Not that I would let her anyways. My girl is used to driving in lowered cars so the bounce doesn't bother her at all. And for the loud exhaust she thinks it sounds hot. So, I guess when all is said and done I got a good girl lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Girlfriends comments about my car