996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Kudos... Wheel Dynamics / Fast Forward Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Sosoomi1 is a jewel in the roughSosoomi1 is a jewel in the roughSosoomi1 is a jewel in the rough
Kudos... Wheel Dynamics / Fast Forward Wheels

After struggling with 18 vs 19.... staying stock vs aftermarket... thinking about offsets and considering if 19" wheels lead to RMS and IMS failure... I visited Wheel Dynamics in LA...

What I found was Eli... a knowledgeable guy with great prices and the experience to allow me to trust him regarding the selection and installation of a new set of wheels for my 02 C4S....

I was somewhat disappointed not to have the assistance of the blonde pictured on the website... I fully expected her to do the install.... however the fella that did the work was meticulous, precise and took great care whilst working on and around my car....

The showroom offers a great selection of rims to choose from and Eli carries a good stock of rims and tires.... the shop is clean and tidy and he has an array of specialty equipment ensuring a clean installation and excellent results in the mounting and balancing of your new wheels!

All in all it was a great experience and I am happy with my choice:

Rims: RPK - 038 19x8.5 and 19x10.5 (rear)
Rubber: Nitto 235/35/19 and 315/25/19 (rear)

If you want the offsets and spacer sizes...talk to Eli... he's the man!

Concerning the RMS and IMS... yes I made it home OK but I expect the worst....

Cheers....

Attached Images   
Old 01-28-2011, 10:09 AM
RxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

WOW, those rims make your car look younger , also how do it feel with those tires? Im thinking of going that route .

Old 01-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Sosoomi1 is a jewel in the roughSosoomi1 is a jewel in the roughSosoomi1 is a jewel in the rough
Honestly I don't really notice a difference (negatively speaking).... I do avoid potholes like the plague... that said I only have a 100 miles or so under my belt driving on them..... performance wise...I don't know yet.... but frankly I made the change because I liked the look... shallow I know.... but hey... Ima a guy!

Old 01-28-2011, 11:06 AM
tarzancoe is infamous around these parts
You'll feel difference going fast on a curved bouncy ramp, the car will tend to bounce sideways a bit more. If you don't track it not much more than that.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you George,

We do appreciate your feedback, nice talking with you and the ride was much more soft on the eyes to compliment your rear GT2 wing.

Here is a photo I was able to ****** just before you left....

Thank you again for your trust and support,

-Eli

Old 01-28-2011, 12:52 PM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
315/25 on 10.5" is an approved rim width? Tire/wheel fitment on the rear does not look right....

Last edited by FLY996; 01-29-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
I had stock rims similar to that on my car when I bought it... they look awesome, one of my favs.

Pain in the butt to clean tho.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 01-28-2011, 01:22 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
Those wheels look great on your car.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:42 PM
azaytsev has a spectacular aura aboutazaytsev has a spectacular aura about
great looking wheels

Old 01-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Dems sum LIPS!!!!!!!

Looks killer......congrats!

Old 01-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Haha... funny guy, Brando!!!

Old 01-28-2011, 08:01 PM
tarzancoe is infamous around these parts
Looking good!

Old 01-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Airrik is infamous around these partsAirrik is infamous around these parts
great wheels does your car feel heavier now with 19's on it?

Old 01-30-2011, 09:30 PM
Not at all. Airrik.... I think the swap was about even weight wise....

Old 01-31-2011, 02:47 PM
Airrik is infamous around these partsAirrik is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sosoomi1
Not at all. Airrik.... I think the swap was about even weight wise....
Ok, what do you think your gas mileage is now with 19's compared to before? Curious cause I heard two different stories depending on the rim, weight, diameter etc..
If memory serves correct a bigger rim has a taller gear ratio right??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kudos... Wheel Dynamics / Fast Forward Wheels