996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Portable Car Wash? Without hose for water?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:48 AM
adamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the rough
Portable Car Wash? Without hose for water?

Hi everyone,

I have a garage without a hose hookup (condo complex). Garage is detached but it is my own for the 911. Is there a portable sprayer that hooks up to a gallon or two of water I can use for a quick car wash that I can fill up in my home and take out to the garage to spray it down after I soap it up?

I saw a 5 gallon camper shower that could work - its basically a bag that you fill up with water and you can pour over the car with...only 10-15 bucks.

Anything more professional that could plug in and fake an actual "Host type of spray?"

Thanks!

Old 02-11-2011, 08:52 AM
adamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the rough
Old 02-11-2011, 08:54 AM
ClickClickBoom has a spectacular aura aboutClickClickBoom has a spectacular aura about
Use ONR (Opitimun no rinse).

2oz ONR in two gallons water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR8z8boxPXw

Old 02-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Griot's Garage offers some good products for "waterless" car washing.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Byprodriver is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by adammich
Hi everyone,

I have a garage without a hose hookup (condo complex). Garage is detached but it is my own for the 911. Is there a portable sprayer that hooks up to a gallon or two of water I can use for a quick car wash that I can fill up in my home and take out to the garage to spray it down after I soap it up?

I saw a 5 gallon camper shower that could work - its basically a bag that you fill up with water and you can pour over the car with...only 10-15 bucks.

Anything more professional that could plug in and fake an actual "Host type of spray?"

Thanks!
Bug sprayer from gardening center?

Old 02-11-2011, 11:43 AM
balefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nice
Originally Posted by Dennis C
Griot's Garage offers some good products for "waterless" car washing.
I just used Griots Waterless Spray On Car Wash. It works fine. I used lots of it to make sure my car was well lubricated.
ONR is probably the most popular and requires water.
Optimum just came out with Opti Clean which is waterless also.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:23 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
when I lived in a condo I spoke to the property manager and got access to the utility room...where the electric and water systems come into the bldg...kept all my supplies in a cabinet in front of the car

Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2011, 01:25 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
in the condo

Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2011, 05:52 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
if the car isn't too dirty, ONR can work fairly well.

if it's too dirty, i would first hose down the car at a self service car wash and then proceed with ONR or Eagle's bucketless car wash.