996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

AVG HP numbers for bolt-ons (not S/C)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Voodoo08 is infamous around these parts
AVG HP numbers for bolt-ons (not S/C)

Ive been looking around to see what kind of power you can make with bolt ons but cant seem to find a definative answer.

Im looking for numbers from cars with the following mods.

Tune
Plenum
Hi Flow Cats
Catback
Intake

I believe thats about it as Ive read headers dont really make a difference. Really just looking for a mid 12 1/4 mile car. This will make it very stout around the circuits.

Thanks

Old 02-27-2011, 12:23 PM
himself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the rough
How much HP change? Approximately -10 to +100 depending on (1) who is reporting, (2) the dyno operator, (3) dyno correction and (4) plain BS factor. Porsche tunes the engine pretty well from the factory, and without forced induction, you're not likely to see much (if any) gains. As will be stated by someone shortly, you might have picked the wrong marque if you are looking for a 1/4 mile car.

And.....cue the myriad of folks that have HP increase evidenced and supported by 1-4 above.

-td

Last edited by himself; 02-27-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Not looking for a quarter mile car, but it is easy tyo determine what kind of running straight away speed by quarter mile and trap times. Its hard for me to determine how well a car performs with mods say with a lap time from laguna seca as opposed to sebring, due to drivers etc. so it is easy to guess how well the car wil perform or compete based on raw speed compared to suspension setup and driving styles. I just want to know the AVERAGE engine horsepower based on the mods I listed. I know that altitude, heat, dyno etc will all make differences. Just looking for a figure. Can I expect to have 370 engine horse or 320 engine horse with all the mods listed.

Sorry if my original post wasnt clear.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:38 PM
himself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Voodoo08
Not looking for a quarter mile car, but it is easy tyo determine what kind of running straight away speed by quarter mile and trap times. Its hard for me to determine how well a car performs with mods say with a lap time from laguna seca as opposed to sebring, due to drivers etc. so it is easy to guess how well the car wil perform or compete based on raw speed compared to suspension setup and driving styles. I just want to know the AVERAGE engine horsepower based on the mods I listed. I know that altitude, heat, dyno etc will all make differences. Just looking for a figure. Can I expect to have 370 engine horse or 320 engine horse with all the mods listed.

Sorry if my original post wasnt clear.
3.4L starts at ~300 HP, 3.6L is ~320 HP engine HP. On the dyno, you are looking at around 240-ish at the wheels.

You will likely be at the same spot with all the mods. No way are you gaining 50HP without FI. Ever.

-td

Old 02-27-2011, 12:48 PM
trisgale is infamous around these parts
for a 3.4 with all bolt on listed above I would guess 295-305 hp.

Old 02-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Nine_Eleven is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by trisgale
for a 3.4 with all bolt on listed above I would guess 295-305 hp.
hp or rwhp?

Old 02-27-2011, 01:32 PM
trisgale is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Nine_Eleven
hp or rwhp?
HP not much gain at all possibly a loss.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:03 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
Doesn't stock 911 na run mid 12s in 1/4 mile?

Old 02-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
HxCforlife has a spectacular aura aboutHxCforlife has a spectacular aura about
These motors are pretty much maxed out from the factory. Only thing most of the bolt on's do is change the sound of the car.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Fair enough not looking so much for power gains as im looking for a linear powerband. Better low end and linear to top end. I know tunes and and better air and exhasut flow over stock.

Thanks guys.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:31 PM
mfletch is infamous around these parts
See my signature for all my mods. The LWFW was the most noticeable. Expect about a 10% gain max. FI would have been cheaper, but I am very happy with the mods that I have done. I had two 99 911's at the same time...one modded and one stock. The mods make a noticeable difference. The powerband is now more evident at the top of the rpm range. Check rennlist for a post on dyno gains (by 951OZ or OZ951).
If you have an extra 30k sitting around, it appears you can have about 450 naturally aspirated ponies... http://www.flat6innovations.com/shop/home.php?cat=283
Alex at Sharkwerks did a build on a 99 996 a few years ago (project White Shark). His post included a great video. It was the ultimate NA 99 996. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ark-996-a.html

Last edited by mfletch; 02-28-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:18 AM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Like everyone said ^^ don't expect much from NA mods...
I'm hoping I'm done with mods for this car but... I did mainly for sound but it does seem to pull harder all the way to redline than stock...says the butt dyno
plenum, intake, 200 cell cats, mufflers
I have yet to find a solution for tuning as I can't seem to find a tune for a DBC

Old 03-01-2011, 04:44 PM
mfletch is infamous around these parts
geetee, my car is non-egas. GIAC has a flash for our cars.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:51 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mfletch
geetee, my car is non-egas. GIAC has a flash for our cars.
You're right...I forgot about GIAC...I wonder if it can be flashed through the OBD port. Did you notice any difference and who carries GIAC?

Old 03-01-2011, 07:50 PM
fast996 is infamous around these parts
is GIAC the only tune for cable driven '99 C2 ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AVG HP numbers for bolt-ons (not S/C)