996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Wife hates my 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 06:41 PM
cesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mjp111569
I suggest spending the money on an '04 or '05 GT3
You=genius.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:53 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cesmorris
You=genius.

haha, great advice and the best way to get rid of her asap, cause the GT3 is even louder, harder and only offers 2 seats, that´s exactly what she needs! (or deserves)

Old 04-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Slik560
Too bad it's not possible to trade in wives like we do vehicles.
It is possible but it costs a whole lot more.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:41 AM
Mullypro is infamous around these parts
That's a shame about the wife.. .what does the girlfriend think?
LMAO!

After the divorce you might have enough for a Miata. Better yet, skip the whole car thing and start with finding a girl who rides like a 911. Chances are she will be much more accepting of your desire to run smooth through the corners.

This thread is cracking me up! Love the GT3 thought. I am personally partial to those that drop their tops ;-)

Old 04-27-2011, 09:36 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Tell her that the 2009 is much improved. Afterall you earned it. LOL...

Old 04-27-2011, 11:52 PM
home7271 is infamous around these parts
Don't get it. If the wife hates the Porsche so much, why are you asking about a new one? Thinking she will like the new one better?

Old 04-28-2011, 01:29 AM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Dude, my wife didn't like the aftermarket exhaust but dang, after I took her to the Long Beach Gran Prix, she begin to think my exhaust is too soft. She wanted louder! Lol

Old 04-28-2011, 01:31 AM
Xendric is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
if you're wife would leave you over your choice of car she's probably not a very good partner to begin with. no offense.
My thoughts exactly when I read the OP.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:55 AM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
I would say, buy a GT3 RS and install a cup chassi and straight pipes.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:55 AM
AgentS2000 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sideWays_swe
I would say, buy a GT3 RS and install a cup chassi and straight pipes.
Sounds like a winner to me! I mean you already have the nails in the coffin, might as well bang away at'em

Old 05-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Thklinge is infamous around these parts
I've had my girl 9 years longer than my 996, but I'd have to think about which one to get rid of if they didn't hit it off.

No seriously, as long as my interests doesn't hurt anyone (like gambling, girls on the side, alcohol or drug use) I'm free to pursue whatever hobbies that'll make me happy. Just like she can. If the day comes that we dictate what each others interests can be then it's time to say goodbye. So like many have said in this thread: If she threatens to leave you because of the car you own? Get counseling or get single.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:07 AM
Storch is infamous around these parts
Back in the day my wife loved everything I did or bought, she was as fun as the toys.

14 years later she hates my Truck/Wrangler/boat/Motorcycles and 911.
It is now her agenda and this stuff is not in her interest, I think she hates anything that reminds her of me.

I hope this helps, as long as this is not you also.

i need a new wife or girlfrend, the car is fine.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:27 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Sometimes I feel fortunant my wife doesn't say anything about my toys. Other times I wish she nagged me about the toys the way she does about silly things like the toilet seat being down. I have spent way too much on cars and jewelry. Instead of complaining, wifey just demands to get whatever I get. I'm thinking about getting a Porche 911. Problem is wifey will want a Panamera.
Mo money....mo money...mo money.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:01 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ice350
Sometimes I feel fortunant my wife doesn't say anything about my toys. Other times I wish she nagged me about the toys the way she does about silly things like the toilet seat being down. I have spent way too much on cars and jewelry. Instead of complaining, wifey just demands to get whatever I get. I'm thinking about getting a Porche 911. Problem is wifey will want a Panamera.
Mo money....mo money...mo money.
That's where I am (and have been since my previous car). If I want to get a rear section exhaust - she is going to get a new (something).

When she agreed to get the GT-R, I had to allow her (it was only right, she didn't demand it) to get whatever vehicle she wanted - under $100k.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:09 AM
JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !
funny, i just had this discussion again with my wife this morning. I brought home a Panamera (as a loaner) and she liked that one.
Mine (02 C4S) is a bit too small and rough for her. I guess driving around with the Bilsteins set at #1 (max firm) was too much for her.
But, she says, "if you like it, fine. just dont take me to watkins glen in it." She's been there and done that.

JB

onwards

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wife hates my 911