996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

1st Time Porsche Owner - New to Board

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 01:41 PM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
I am soooooo jealous - you are so lucky!! And I love the blue, also - still looking for mine

Old 05-17-2011, 02:15 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UncleXSO
Car should be here tomorrow at lunch time. I cannot wait.
Must be out driving it by now let us know what you think

Old 05-18-2011, 05:51 AM
UncleXSO has a spectacular aura aboutUncleXSO has a spectacular aura about
woohooo! what a blast. me and the new lady in my life got acquainted yesterday afternoon and last night. Love it... It's been raining and the forecast says more rain for the next 2-3 days. I plan on cleaning her up this weekend to see how good or bad the paint really is. Pull the wheels off to, clean 'em up and take some pics for those interested in them. I can't tell how wide the rears are by looking at them but they look llike the 10" version. She is super low with the H&Rs... couldn't really push it at all since the roads were wet, but I can definitely get the sense that she will stick to the road like glue.... I am excited about warmer weather and enjoying this car with my kids.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:56 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
great, stay safe, it only gets better

Old 05-18-2011, 07:50 AM
Airrik is infamous around these partsAirrik is infamous around these parts
Enjoy it and make her last. Wait till the Mustangs, Vettes, and Camaro see that baby there not going to believe the potential that thing has LOL..
By the way what brand of tires and are they all the same with the set of wheels? Did you buy a tiptronic or is it 6speed manual too?

Old 05-18-2011, 02:40 PM
I push my cars but i dont beat on them. I take very good care of them.

All 4 tires are brand new hankooks. And yes she is a 6 speed manual.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:54 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Looks good, congrats.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks again everyone for the kind words....now if only this dang michigan weather would clear up. Looks like rain until Friday. I just want to clean her up and show her off....and get out and tear it up already....

Old 05-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Millenium_009 is infamous around these parts
Welcome

Old 05-22-2011, 08:56 AM
e90steve is infamous around these parts
How long total was the wait on shipping? Considering the same route myself... but picking it up and driving home might be too tempting. Haha. Congrats on the purchase.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:44 AM
total time was 2 weeks. Which it sucked waiting for it... but the bad weather curbed that a bit. I would have gone absolutely stir crazy if it hadn't shown up with this nice weather we are having now...

Spent all morning cleaning it with my 10 year old twins yesterday. They enjoyed helping yank the wheels off, cleaning them inside and out, cleaning the brake calipers, etc... Then we went to a car party at a friends place...kids just enjoyued hanging out in the car and people walked by and asked about it. They are more proud of the purchase than I am so far...

Old 05-22-2011, 11:16 AM
nfiermo is infamous around these parts
Great looking car, enjoy!!!

Old 05-23-2011, 06:11 AM
Have to say I am very happy with my purchase. The thing is an absolute blast to drive. The kids are still young and small enough to fit in the back seats and enjoy the ride with me. And I have never gotten more thumbs up, positive, enthusiastic responses than with this car. I have had more than a handful of cars in my life and this one in the first week of ownership has already recieved more attention than all others combined.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:51 AM
Airrik is infamous around these partsAirrik is infamous around these parts
Told ya. Btw what size are the tires your selling, tire specifications etc.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:07 PM
nizmolee is infamous around these parts
car is looking sweet.. nothing like a great new used car! digging that wing... fast 5. lol..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1st Time Porsche Owner - New to Board